Opeth & Enslaved : North American Tour in May

Wow.

I was not expecting to see this band until late 09.

San Francisco, same place, same spot as last time - on the barricade, right in front of Mendez

:cry::cry:

I'm also kinda surprised they are playing the same place again. Was expecting a larger venue....

I am glad they are playing the same place...was a sweet gig....
haha, last time i walked all the way from pier 39, drunk, to the grand...what a walk

Opens up in Febuary and I believe it is all ages.
You know if they completely remodeled it from the Avalon?

Completely renovated; opens up the week of Feb 16th. Going to see BB King & Buddy Guy that weekend there. 1st metal shows lined up so far are Opeth on May 2nd and Lamb Of God on May 12th. Can't wait :kickass:

I'm glad Enslaved cancelled their other North American tour now(even though i wanted to see Keep of Kalessin),
but this is way better. Can't wait for the HOB Chicago date :kickass:

Holy crap I can't wait! It'll be the third time I'll see Opeth within a year...

opethenslaved.jpg

Detroit (Mt. Clemens) at the Emerald Theater. What a great venue. We had our first show there and it was incredible. I cannot believe how good it will be with Opeth and Enslaved that night. I wonder how we can get the opening slot. (I got $500.00 bucks for you Mike if you can help us!) I hope it is not illegal to bribe Opeth members on this board. LOL

70 bucks for 2 at los angeles preorder, not bad ... better than the prog nation tour!:headbang:

Detroit (Mt. Clemens) at the Emerald Theater. What a great venue. We had our first show there and it was incredible. I cannot believe how good it will be with Opeth and Enslaved that night. I wonder how we can get the opening slot. (I got $500.00 bucks for you Mike if you can help us!) I hope it is not illegal to bribe Opeth members on this board. LOL

Hmm, I wonder why they didn't have local acts open the last time they came through. Two nationally known mediocre (at best, IMO) bands really are not necessary to open for Opeth. Local bands opening up for nationally recognized (well-deserved) bands (Opeth :saint:) is a great way for exposure!!

:err:However, I think the rest of the band may want there $500 cut as well!!;)

I'll be at the NYC show and possibly the Sayreville show. The NYC show's in a really nice venue, been there once before. Nice place, I'm kinda hoping if I rush I can grab balcony seats... If they're on sale.

I doubt we will get Opeth until the next album/touring cycle, but I would be happy just to have Enslaved.

And all of you who can make those shows don't know how lucky you are.

Are you sure??

Mike did say that they would be back in 09.
but i spose to shut a crowd up asking for encore after encore, you gotta say something he he.

and yes, you Americans are very lucky. soo damn lucky.

They always play here!!!!!!!!!!! BTW-If anybody from the band is viewing this thread, if you wan tto try a very cool venue right outside Philly, try The Keswick Theatre in Glenside, PA. It is a great place to play and see a show!

that's the first thing that I thought of. I live in DC, but go up to Philly often. (saw them whenever they played there last at the Troc). I did get tickets for the DC show. It's 3 days before I turn 30. Yikes!