Opeth & Enslaved : North American Tour in May

Hmm, I wonder why they didn't have local acts open the last time they came through. Two nationally known mediocre (at best, IMO) bands really are not necessary to open for Opeth. Local bands opening up for nationally recognized (well-deserved) bands (Opeth :saint:) is a great way for exposure!!

:err:However, I think the rest of the band may want there $500 cut as well!!;)

On the artistarena site is says Clutch Cargos in Pontiac, MI. Can someone confirm this?

Mix.

P.S. Okay.. make it a grand, and split it with the band. LOL

Are you sure??

Mike did say that they would be back in 09.
but i spose to shut a crowd up asking for encore after encore, you gotta say something he he.

and yes, you Americans are very lucky. soo damn lucky.

I don't recall hearing that at the Sydney show, but I won't complain if they do. But I figure if their doing America and they will more than likely be in Europe during the summer/festival season. I suppose there may be a chance late in the year, but it is just so expensive to touring down here that it is rare we get two tours in the album/touring cycle. But I could be - and sincerely hope - wrong of course.

2500. I had lots of great times at the Avalon. The new place is supposedly state of the art. Can't wait.

Do you know how many the Palladium holds? I can't wait to see this new HOB, brand new and all.

And according to the Opeth presale, the show is $22.

I'll be at the NYC show and possibly the Sayreville show. The NYC show's in a really nice venue, been there once before. Nice place, I'm kinda hoping if I rush I can grab balcony seats... If they're on sale.

have you ever sat on the balcony at hammerstein? i was up there for the mars volta and i would not recommend it again especially for opeth. anyways i'll be at the nyc show and possibly the sayerville as well.

Should I be concerned that Omaha is not currently part of the presale?

(BTW, fuck yeah! Opeth finally comes to Omaha!)

Boise, Chico and Portland??? WTF... no Seattle?:erk:

population of all those 3 cities combined = 2.8 million, thanks to the 2+ million from portland...
Seattle METRO.. population = almost 4 million.

come on now, dont make me drive to Portland... though they do have the best strip clubs in North America.....:worship:

I'll be at the Boulder CO show. It will be my first week in CO, so I won't know a soul. Guess I need to find some cool peeps on the forum to hit the concert up with.

fucking hell!!! I come on the forum for the firsttime ina month and find out Opeth is coming back and cant go. Last time they came to va beach my wife said we could go see them again when they came back and now she is saying no. I AM SO FUCKING PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I third this motion. Gonna be keeping an even more intense eye on the forums and website. Sooo stoked, hell im gonna be bringing a decent group with me this time. XD :Smokin: :headbang: :kickass:

Seriously. Although some friends and I are talking about roadtripping to Knoxville for this...it's only 10 hours from Tampa, after all. Totally worth it. :)

fucking hell!!! I come on the forum for the firsttime ina month and find out Opeth is coming back and cant go. Last time they came to va beach my wife said we could go see them again when they came back and now she is saying no. I AM SO FUCKING PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go anyway and tell her to get the fuck back in the kitchen.

Opeth is really racking up some killer support for their tours these days. Enslaved are awesome (just started listening to them and I'm loving ISA, Ruun, Below she Lights and Mardraum), and they've really made a name for themselves. Here's hoping they end up following Opeth to Sweden this summer.

I JUST found out yesterday that they are stopping by Boise, my home town!! This will be the 3rd time I've seen them, and I can't FUCKING WAIT!! I'm in school right now (night classes), and they're playing on the date of one of my finals!! I'm gonna rip through that test and haul my ass over to the venue just so I can be up close to them again!

First time I saw them, they were on Megadeth's Gigantour in 2006, and while Megadeth was playing, Mikael and Peter came out and were just standing there, watching Megadeth! So, I got an opportunity to meet both of them in a very loud environment. I wish I had more time to chat with them, but hopefully this time I can meet up with them outside their bus after the show....

:kickass: :headbang: