-Opeth Fan-

Hey guy..I'm new to this forum as well. Good NFO here..to be sure...after discovering Opeth, I'm really getting back into prog music in general but I'm really wanting to find stuff similar to Opeth..I grew up on Peter Gabriel era Genesis, King Crimson, Gentle Giant, etc....and ran the gammut of genres since then but not a whole lot of progressive stuff. Usually the first band that comes up in the same breathe as Opeth is Porcupine Tree. And I've since gotten In Absentia, Deadwood, and the Arriving Somewhere DVD, and while Steven Wilson is great, there's a little something missing that fails to put me in the WOW mode that Opeth does so quite effectively. PT is still new so, maybe I'll find that eventually....Some other stuff I've tried/discovered so far from this forum and the Prog archives site are:

Ayreon..pretty Opethy..really liking
PFM...Wow I love this early 70 band
Riverside...very Floydish..wish they'd mix in some clean electrics and acoustics more..me likey

And some that Ive gotten, but too early to comment on, but aren't coming close to the Opeth goodness but okay none the less:

Isis
Paatos..loving some of this...she has a beautiful voice..some cool melodies too
Agolloch
Into Eternity
Mastodon
Katatonia
Lacuna Coil...liking them quite a bit
Great info to be found in here...I think I'm back home to my prog roots!!!
Any recomendations welcomed!!!
tia

Hey guys, im new to the forums and i am a huge fan of opeth. I love Opeth because every song has its own uniqueness.....if thats how you spell it.

I am listening to "Patterns in te Ivy" as im typing this

Im live in Aus but born in England

Look forward to talking to you guys about Opeth and anything else

IronMaiden

Patterns in the Ivy is a beutiful amazing instrumental piece..
Enjoy [:

Hey guy..I'm new to this forum as well. Good NFO here..to be sure...after discovering Opeth, I'm really getting back into prog music in general but I'm really wanting to find stuff similar to Opeth..I grew up on Peter Gabriel era Genesis, King Crimson, Gentle Giant, etc....and ran the gammut of genres since then but not a whole lot of progressive stuff. Usually the first band that comes up in the same breathe as Opeth is Porcupine Tree. And I've since gotten In Absentia, Deadwood, and the Arriving Somewhere DVD, and while Steven Wilson is great, there's a little something missing that fails to put me in the WOW mode that Opeth does so quite effectively. PT is still new so, maybe I'll find that eventually....Some other stuff I've tried/discovered so far from this forum and the Prog archives site are:

Ayreon..pretty Opethy..really liking
PFM...Wow I love this early 70 band
Riverside...very Floydish..wish they'd mix in some clean electrics and acoustics more..me likey

And some that Ive gotten, but too early to comment on, but aren't coming close to the Opeth goodness but okay none the less:

Isis
Paatos..loving some of this...she has a beautiful voice..some cool melodies too
Agolloch
Into Eternity
Mastodon
Katatonia
Lacuna Coil...liking them quite a bit
Great info to be found in here...I think I'm back home to my prog roots!!!
Any recomendations welcomed!!!
tia

Listen to Novembers Doom