Opeth Fans be proud

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
I went and saw the Nevermore/Opeth/Angel Dust/God Forbid ticket again in NY. The entire show was ten times better than the one two nights previous in NJ.

Opeth was excellent. Their sound was infinitely better. However, what really impressed me was the Opeth fans. Holy crap! What a bunch of die-hards.

Nevermore is my favorite band (by a wide-margin), and consequently, I expected them to attract the larger, and more faithful crowd. However, that was not the case. The Opeth fans were far louder, chanting "Opeth, Opeth" before they took the stage, and between songs. The band really seemed to be getting off on how well received they were by the crowd.

When Mikael announced that they would be performing their last song of the night, the crowd started chanting, "Ten more songs". Which made Mikael laugh. When he said that he was sorry that they couldn't play ten more songs, the crowd responded by chanting, "Nine more songs".

I got a chance to meet Mikael. He was really cool. He signed my wife's Opeth t-shirt, and gave her a big hug. Definitely a cool night.

GZ

Yeah, I was at the NY show last night. Man that fucking rocked! I had been waiting to see Opeth for the last few years, and apparently so were a lot of other people! I seriously could not believe the reaction they got! I was so happy to see how many other Opeth die-hards were in the crowd. The song selection was very cool, but now I just can't wait until they do a headlining tour (Mikael said they probably won't see us till after the next album, so hopefully then!).

Unfortunately, I was forced to leave before Nevermore, but I didn't care all that much to be honest. I've seen em once before, and they are great, but I came for Opeth! How was Nevermore's set anyway?

I am proud, and to be honest, I even more proud when I am playing MAYH loud with my car stereo and a pull up next to some black dudes trying blast rap music, they fumble with their volume and bass controls, but it is fruitless, Opeth drowns them out, always. :D

FuSiOn420-

Strangely, Nevermore had the worst mix of the night. But still, not too bad. Too much bass, and Warrel's vocals were too low in the mix.

Warrel got the crowd crazy. The pit for Nevermore was bigger than at any point during the night, and Warrel was also encouraging people to stage dive.

I also got a chance to meet Warrel, Jeff, and Jim. And I got to meet the lead singer and lead guitar player of Angel Dust, as well as the lead singer of God Forbid (who were much better than advertised). All in all, a great show, and a great night.

GZ

Definitely the best concert I've attended since Maiden at the Garden...Angel Dust fucking rocked and undoubtedly converted many in the crowd, Opeth was a transcendent experience, and Nevermore kicks your favorite band's ass, and hearing 10/11 of Dead Heart in concert was fucking unbelievable, Warrell being arguably the most energetic frontman I have ever seen.

Demonspell-

You said it. Three very different bands, to be on the same ticket. Three bands way too good to be on the same ticket. Three bands way too good not to be playing in front of an arena sized audience. I felt guilty only paying $15 to see that show.

GZ

Awesome show! Loud as fuck in there but I wish the guitar was more prominent in the mix. The drums and bass were too loud, IMO.

Crazy moment at the very beginning of the set when Mikael's guitar strap comes undone and he's trying to play and sing and hold the guitar in place. Finally he stopped playing and reconnected the strap.

By the way, Mikael looked a lot different than I thought. He seemed very real and approachable. He even seemed like he'd be kinda shy.

The Brookln crowd was amazing. They really know their metal. Hats off to them!

Now on to Dimmu, the Haunted tonight. It should pale in comparison to Opeth though.

I'm a bit older now, don't go into the pit as much nowadays, but I still love to bang my head. I was happy to see so many others doing the same in Brooklyn. Made me feel right at home. I'm glad NY was so into it...it seemed to leave an impression on the band. :)

Maybe in another 18-24 months we'll get a headlining date here?

*crossing fingers*

-slateman.

Credence in our words , written in dust , tainted by memories.
I feel happy when the days go on in this truth-house.
All the guys are honest and proud because we feel Opeth and music inside our hearts.
Thanks to you again brothers.
I am always nearby you.
Never bid me farewell!

AntiPaladin said:
Credence in our words , written in dust , tainted by memories.
I feel happy when the days go on in this truth-house.
All the guys are honest and proud because we feel Opeth and music inside our hearts.
Thanks to you again brothers.
I am always nearby you.
Never bid me farewell!

Turkish read forum backwards? :OMG: :err: :p :Spin: