Opeth fans comes in all ages...

Detric

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
Stralia`!
opeth0rr.jpg

I think he is cool. Wish he was my dad.

Haha, the same here. My dad is in love with Damnation, but he is not into the other stuff, shame! I would love to go see some gigs with my dad, and hold his hand in the mosh pit.

My mom loves Opeth! All of it. Haha, I swear, these words came from my mom's mouth: "I love it when he growls like that... He sounds like satan... it's so sexy!"

Hehe. I love my mom. My dad likes they're softer stuff, but doesn't care for the growling too much. They're my uncle's favorite band. Hooray for Opeth!

funny story, You know the dvd right. my son took it to his grandmas and she fucking loved the first set, but when he played the second she said" i never would of seen that coming and then watched the rest to hear the slow parts. my son is 9 and he loves opeth.

Damn. Now I won't feel so old amongst all the teeny-boppers when I go to metal shows. At least I don't have grey hair ... yet. I'm old enough to be the father of many of the kids around me at concerts though (I'm a few years away from 40).

heh, I'm only 21, and I only got into opeth after BWP. And by after I mean it had been out about a year or so at that point.

Man was I stoked when I heard they were doing a double cd.

And yeah, my parents like damnation but don't like the other stuff.

Age is just a label, and a meaningless judgement tool of the person. When it comes to music though, I don't know too many "older" people (well, actually none) who listen to the music I do. Opeth is my favorite band, and I like my music loud and heavy (Grip Inc, Meshuggah, Nevermore, Vomitory, etc etc). People think I'm "cool" because I listen to metal. Yet I look at most of the people my age and think I'm the normal one (not cool, just up to date) and they're all stuck in some long gone past era. People should keep up with the world around them, and that includes music.

I'm 45, and I'm taking my 20 year old daughter to the Worcester, MA show on Oct. 30th. My 22 year old son can't make it, but he's already seen Opeth with me (his favorite show I've taken him to was Slayer).

Cheer to MetalManCPA! Yeah, dude, my friends are like "uh, your just trying to relive your youth". Um, no. His listening to albums that were popular 15, 20 years ago (New Wave, 80s hair bands) is trying to relive his youth.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the classic stuff (channels 41, 44 on XM), but I really like staying up to date with all the great new stuff too.

MetalManCPA said:
I'm 45, and I'm taking my 20 year old daughter to the Worcester, MA show on Oct. 30th. My 22 year old son can't make it, but he's already seen Opeth with me (his favorite show I've taken him to was Slayer).

Haha. I've never been to a rock or metal concert with my parents. That would wierd me out. Not sure why.