Opeth fans living In Melbourne

Jo said:
haha it was Hopkins! :headbang: I asked them for it and apparently they are working on putting each weeks playlists online.!

Ah true. They played the grand conguration tonight haha.

As for metal mayhem, I found the guy in there really unfriendly. Started talkin to him and he didnt seem to care, maybe its just me.

Ahh groovy! MTV have recently put Headbangers Ball back on air so I hope to see it soon. Monday nights from 1am is a little harsh though. ;)

If it was the owner Nick maybe he was just in a grumpy mood? No excuse for being rude to customers though. Weird.

P.S. Do you ever listen to The Witching Hour on Radio One Wednesday nights?

blackened_autumn said:
JB Hi Fi which i think is on Elizabeth st, has a pretty decent metal section...and unless other non-metal focused shops, at least one of the guys there really knows his shit...definitely worth checking out...and as for metal mayhem, wow! if i could have a million bucks to spend in one shop, thatd be it...on the children of bodom topic, theyre not playing at rod laver are they?

Yeah I just bought GR at the JB the other week. CoB are playing at The Corner.

Jo said:
Ahh groovy! MTV have recently put Headbangers Ball back on air so I hope to see it soon. Monday nights from 1am is a little harsh though. ;)

If it was the owner Nick maybe he was just in a grumpy mood? No excuse for being rude to customers though. Weird.

P.S. Do you ever listen to The Witching Hour on Radio One Wednesday nights?

No I dont, didnt know it was still going. Havent listened to it in years.

It sucks that metal stuff is always put on at shit times of the week, I guess they don't care about us haha.

I think there was a radio station that tried doing a metal segment during reasonable hours, but a lot of people complained. As if we couldn't see that one coming. Maybe we should start complaining that constant exposure to the Top 40 is killing our braincells?

Arnold Layne I just got this email from The Steelmill for your info.

THE STEELMILL (1am Saturday Mornings/ Friday night) C4’s Metal/Industrial/Hardcore show has now past the 30 show mark. To celebrate they would like to announce two special up and coming shows.

October 15th (Show 33): Dawn Of Azazel Special.

To mark the release of local black/death metalers Dawn Of Azazel’s new album “Sedition” The Steelmill has allowed front man Rigel Walshe to play list the evenings show. Rigel will chose his favourite tracks from the past 30 shows. The show will also include the exclusive premier of the new Dawn Of Azazel video “The Road To Babalon”. The band then play the following Saturday 22nd at the Kings Arms Auckland to unleash the monster “Sedition” upon the world. Dates around the country will occur in the following weeks.

October 22nd (Show 34): Earache Special

Earache Records is arguably the most important metal label of the last 20 years. Founded in Nottingham England in 1987 it became synonymous with the burgeoning grindcore (metal/hardcore/punk mutation) scene of the time. Stamping its mark Earache released some of the most important albums in metal including the maniacally fast paced “Scum” and “From Enslavement To Obliteration” by Napalm Death, the nightmare surgery gone wrong horror that is “Symphonies Of Sickness” by Carcass and possibly the greatest most important metal album ever recorded, the archetypal industrial/techno/metal monster that is “Streetcleaner” by Godflesh. Earache has also ventured down the path of dark dub and electronica. While the label is possibly not as groundbreaking as it was in the late 80’s early 90’s it still plays an important and significant role in bringing unique and diverse bands into the metal fold.

The show will consist of unscreened videos from Scorn, Mortiis and Godflesh, classics from Napalm Death, Carcass and Morbid Angel and new material from Society 1, Biomechanical and Hate Eternal.

Two shows not to miss. Throw your goats in the air like you just don’t care.

Sweet as. I look forward to seeing Mortiss (Parasite god is cool), and hopefully they play a different Morbid Angel vid (they usually play rapture, rapture something..)

Thanks for that, NZ tv is really getting better (family guy is back too!!!)

Oi Mel-BouRRRnites!

We should organise a pissup after the possible Opeth concerts next year! I reckon we could get a maxi-cab or some shit to take us to a gothspot afterwards.

That would be awesome, and the perfect way to finish the night.