Opeth-Ghost Of Perdition Cover (7170,SoloC preamp,catharsis impulse, and Marcus Help)

hkollner

Oct 5, 2008
Need help improving the mix! any suggestions?

marcus already reviewed the song and i improved on what he suggested :zombie:

Tried to nail the ghost reveries guitar tone...think i came pretty close though

the mix:
http://www.esnips.com/doc/5008c6f8-a77c-4bcd-a0c0-d06521e91493/Ghost-of-perdition-(Guitar)

theres a lot of empty part in the mix, that is because im not finished yet! but just skip to the parts where theres guitar!

bass guitar, vox, and keys still coming! just played around with the guitar and drum sound!

GAHHHHHHHHHH, NOT ESNIPS THE PAIN :yuk: :puke: :ill: :Spin:

www.getdropbox.com - learn it, live it, love it :D Or even soundclick, but half the time esnips just randomly chooses to not work, I HATES IT :Smug:

Oh, and what does the ":zombie:" mean? :lol:

are you going to play the bass on this or use a vsti? cos I know a lot of the song on bass. some of the more finger-twisting parts I have to brush up on but i know a good majority of it. the part that starts at 1:29 in your file is the part that give me the most trouble haha.

btw I'm not sure if you know this but the lead part that starts at around 6:10 (the part you're trem picking) is actually done on keys haha

Is this one Quad tracked?

I was thinking the origional had a little bit more on the top and low end, and not so middy, then I realised that I think the main solution to the problem might be the cab choice for your impulse :)

I think the mf400 cab was used for the origional, but I'm not too familiar with the "catharsis impulse"?