Opeth Guitar Pickups???

skeletal_wreck

Progressive Shithead
Nov 15, 2005
Ireland
listen.to
Hey all,

On the album Damnation there are the most amazing clean tones from the guitar.

Does anyone know what pick ups are being used on the PRS's played on the album Damnation and on the DVD - they sound amazing but no one can ever tell me what they are. Obviously they are seymour duncans... but what model?

Steve.
:hotjump:

hmm, surely not for clean tones?

I was expecting a SH-1 59' or SH-1 Jazz, or even a Seth Lover or something along those lines.

Interesting if it is a shred though.

Thanks,

Steve.

I think i heard peter uses either the PUs that come stock (dragons i think) or either Seymour Duncan JB / ‘59. Mike uses Fullshreds (neck and bridge)

haha, that reminds me of their recent gig where someone shouted "Master's Apprentices!" and Mike replied: "I need my blue guitar for that one"

Not sure if I remember it correctly, but something like that.

The full shreds are a lot like the jazz but with a slightly enhanced treble and higher output. They're also very very tight so although there isn't much low end they work well with the right amp(ie one capable of bringing out what low end there is). Underratd pickup IMHO- if I had the right amp I'd get a set. Just wish they came in zebra :p

oh..really full shred? I always thought he using something like 59+JB.
btw I am going to get a new set of pickup for my les paul.

any ones here has any suggestions for me? I want a warm smooth neck and screaming med-output bridge.
Thanks for any suggestions :)

Well i think im going for a Seymour 59' in the neck and a Bill Lawrence L-500XL on the bridge.

Im looking for smooth jazzy cleans and tight high gain overdrives and hopefully this will do it.

A blue peter badge for the man who can tell me who used these very two pickups threw all his career. :tickled:

Steve

I just fitted a Bareknuckle Crawler in the bridge position. Its handwired etc and does sound like the badger's nadgers. I put it in upside down on purpose and it makes the sound even more to my liking.

NickFBM said:
I just fitted a Bareknuckle Crawler in the bridge position. Its handwired etc and does sound like the badger's nadgers. I put it in upside down on purpose and it makes the sound even more to my liking.

Would those be deadly badgers?

Death's Acre said:
The full shreds are a lot like the jazz but with a slightly enhanced treble and higher output. They're also very very tight so although there isn't much low end they work well with the right amp(ie one capable of bringing out what low end there is). Underratd pickup IMHO- if I had the right amp I'd get a set. Just wish they came in zebra :p
They do come in zebra.. as do all SD pickups. You just got to know where to look for them. There are a few online sites that stock every SD pickup made, in every standard color. one dealer is black rose customs. They changed their address so you might want to google them.

i've read reviews describing a broadly pronounced "O" sound coming from the low-mid end of a full shred....that is the vibe i get from mike's tone.

as for the cleans on damnation....i agree, i have never heard a more beautiful clean tone come from a guitar. it might be full shreds...that tone and the word "full shred" contradict eachother...but i suppose its possible.