Opeth interview at guitar.com

There are two Gorguts videos on there too. They're not really a favorite band of mine, but it's nice to watch, and pretty educational.

If it's slow, try raising the number of simultaneous parts if the manager allows. It started at about 5k and I got it to 30k or so.

OK. That was very cool. I will be busy for the next few hours learning all those riffs. I liked all of those disonant chords that they use. It was cool seeing how humble they act in that situation. Thanks again for posting it here.

but please dont hammer the server with 50 connections at the same time.. it just makes everything slower for everyone else, and then I have to get an accellerator to get any speed beyond 5k, and when everyone does that, the server just crashes.

thanks alot guys! i check out guitar.com semi often and when i saw opeth on the homepage i was in awe, but the videos were all fucked with the streaming so i said to myself "i know the guys at ultimatemetal.com will have made a post about this and figure it out" sure enough voila!

I WATCHED IT YESTERDAY!! i was ready to pass out when mikael did the solo!

it was so good.im gonna make this in to a vcd!

Originally posted by Saikpyro
To be a little more specific. Take these lines and put it in your download manager (I use DAP, it rewls):
http://www.guitar.com/asfroot/opeth/opeth_lessonpt1_hi.wmv
and then this
http://www.guitar.com/asfroot/opeth/opeth_lessonpt2_hi.wmv

I downloaded these files pretty fast 80k/sek with bostream 2,5 mbit adsl (I live in stockholm, sweden).

The videos is sooo cool!!

is there anyway that i can download this as an mpeg or avi.or if not,how can i convert it?

oh gosh....I'm quite a computer illiterate, especially with these types of things.....How can I save these vids? I've tried right-clicking everything, and I can't get anything to save....with the real video option I was able to save one of them, but when I try to open it, there are tons of error pop-up messages....CAN I save these?? I can watch them (with the Real Video, but not windows media), but I want to KEEP them...
Someone please help..

HUGE thanx to everyone involved with this thread!! The video is absolutely incredible!! Jan. 25 can't come soon enough!!

Check this out: I right clicked 'save as' on the Real Media link on the front page of the article. The file size for each part is only 102 bytes!! The videos burned perfectly to CD and I'm able to watch it on my computer but not on my DVD player. Also, after d/l'ing the .wmv files, it seems to me that the Real Player's video quality is better. Any thoughts?

My ignorance on these matters is obvious...