opeth is 'fuzzy'

fullof

New Metal Member
Sep 30, 2007
i'ld say that opeth is a great band, one of my favourites, the only problem is that the sound they produce is not of a high quality... is vey shxshxsh.....know what i mean...and they have a lot of continued distortion guitar in all their songs which makes it again sounding fuzzy (shxsxhshsh)...if they only put a cleaner distorion and make pauses in their songs and more riffing... rather than power chords on the top of the other....

I like the sound of their distortions and such. I think the only albums that had sub par recording were the first two. But this is not a bad thing. I like raw recordings. Just like Katatonia BMD, I like the original far better then the remastered version.

I have heard that Still Life has inferior recording quality as well, but I don't find that to be the case. Maybe I'll have to whip it out...

Actually on the studio recordings their guitar tone rivals any great guitar tone....but particularly on TRHT it was a little too digital at times......u could tell they still are kinda figuring out the GT8s.....hahahah.....but nonetheless.....on studio recordings Ive always thought their guitar tone was immaculate and perfect......Keep rocking......PEAC EOUT

I think the Album tones sound fine, especially BWP and later. Their live sound has always been lacking to me though. Using digital gear live generally always results in a muddy uninteresting sound. Hopefully they'll step it up a bit with the new tour, and ditch the GT8s. They really could benefit from the use of a good MIDI switchable rack setup. If done right, it really wouldn't be all that much more complicated to setup and use.

I think the Album tones sound fine, especially BWP and later. Their live sound has always been lacking to me though. Using digital gear live generally always results in a muddy uninteresting sound. Hopefully they'll step it up a bit with the new tour, and ditch the GT8s. They really could benefit from the use of a good MIDI switchable rack setup. If done right, it really wouldn't be all that much more complicated to setup and use.

yeah I use a PODXT live.....and u know these digital multiFX pedals shine in a studio/recording setting....but live.....u gotta have some nice disortion from ure amp.......thats just my take......but either way.....the last 2 times I saw them live....they sounded fine......only on the new Live TRHT its a lil too digital for my taste....PEAC EOUT

reading post one, I note the "sxhgcxh" sound effects.

I'm going to assume you listened to one of the older albums that had poo for mixing, so theres static.

I'm also going to assume you have shitty speakers.

dullof, I think you're crazy. Opeth recordings all sound pretty good. Then it only got better with BWP when Steven Wilson started producing. Hes the best "sound texture" guy there is!