Opeth/Katatonia tour?

bens0n

Oct 2, 2007
Has this ever been discussed before?

I know they both played on the melloboat..

and I know they aren't on the same labels.. but I honestly think that it would be bad ASS.

how badass would it be if they played some tracks off brave murder day with

GUEST VOCALIST MIKAEL ÅKERFELDT?? GG right?

It would be a great paccage, for sure. Katatonia probably won't tour before after the next album, though. And Opeth might be finished with their tour to promote Watershed by then. Or maybe not.. Opeth tours quite a bit.

I'm sure alot of people will..

now that opeth is signed with roadrunner I have a feeling that are more popular in the US now than they were in 2001 when they toured Katatonia.

This is kind of out there, but sometimes I kind of like to group katatonia and tool into the same smooth prog music, tool is definitely more mainstream rock sounding, but the same flowing style, which is what I like about the NEW katatonia.

Not all that out there. Theres definately some Tool-like moments on TGCD. Like the opening riff of Leaders and the one in the verse of July.

Also Anders and Jonas both have mentioned Tool as a musical inspiration for Katatonia.

It would definitely be a dream tour for me, throw in Porcupine Tree and I would quit my job and follow them everywhere!
Unfortunately life sucks and none of this will happen you know.

I attended this gig of my (too many) dreams, back in 2001, with Novembre, Katatonia and Opeth.
Would be cool if they could tour once again all together. Let's hope so, even early next year, when Katatonia will have surely unleashed the new album.

why in mourning? (curious)

I feel like getting to see Katatonia with Opeth, and with Daylight Dies, and then with Swallow the Sun and Insomnium was really as much of a dream come true as I could hope for