Opeth/Lacuna Coil show in San Diego - May 4

cinflames

The Quilter
The show, of course, was awesome!! Here are some pictures.

Mikael - Opeth
OpethMikael.jpg

Peter - Opeth
OpethPeter.jpg

Martin Mendez - Opeth
OpethMartinMendez.jpg

Cristina - Lacuna Coil
OpethLC-Christina.jpg

Cristina and Andrea - Lacuna Coil
OpethLC-ChristinaandAndrea.jpg

Chris - Lacuna Coil
OpethLC-Chris-guitarist.jpg

Cristina - Lacuna Coil
OpethLC-Christina-hands.jpg

Marco - Lacuna Coil
OpethLC-Marco.jpg

I was there....the first band Yakuza was one of the most excruciating experiences of my life...Lacuna Coil: every song sounds the same, and what was with the Korn-kuts?

Opeth killed, but the fans were pissing me off...it was a bunch of skater hardcore kids doing this bounce up and down and scream stupid shit thing...annoying....every time Opeth slowed down they'd start screaming shit like "SLAYER!" or "I LOVE SWEDEN" or better yet "ARGGHHH! DEATH METAL", which coming from a bunch of morons in Atreyu shirts is quite amusing....

anyways, I haven't moshed in almist 5 years, but when Demon of the Fall was played as the encore, I took the liberty of utterly destroying several hardcore kids.

WOOOOOHOOOO! I am glad the two pics I grabbed turned out. Sorry about the missing feet. She was too close to me! I tried anyway. It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo fun hanging out with Cindy, Mudas, Atrocity (your english is fine!!!), Travis (crazy funny guy), Carol... damn, who else did I meet? Cindy, did you develop all your film yet? That one of Mendez you got is uber-cool! \m/ I'll be developing mine today I think. I forgot who from the bay area said in the other thread (which I can't find right now) that I was going nuts during Demon of the Fall, but that was damned fun! How come you didn't say hi??????? :( Cindy, are these going on the site? I will link it to some friends of mine if you like. :)

Sadistik said:
Opeth killed, but the fans were pissing me off...it was a bunch of skater hardcore kids doing this bounce up and down and scream stupid shit thing...annoying....every time Opeth slowed down they'd start screaming shit like "SLAYER!" or "I LOVE SWEDEN" or better yet "ARGGHHH! DEATH METAL", which coming from a bunch of morons in Atreyu shirts is quite amusing....

anyways, I haven't moshed in almist 5 years, but when Demon of the Fall was played as the encore, I took the liberty of utterly destroying several hardcore kids.

Glad someone agrees with me! Few of us tried to get something going at the end of deliverance but it didn't happen =(. pansy hardcore kids.

cinflames I think I saw you up front with the camera, great shots you got there.

Cinflames was at the front of the barricade, squashed :(, during Lacuna Coil and the frst maybe 1/3 of Opeth. Suddenly I turned around and she was gone. :( :( :( Kerilynn and I were in the photo pit itself. I only wish I coulda gotten some of my friends in it on the side so they weren't getting squashed, like Cindy! I felt so bad. I was already injured from a previous show, so it hurt me just SEEING the squashed people. I wanted to help them.

First off... A PUBLIC APOLOGY TO SQUEAK! :) Sorry I didn't stop by and say hi to you (blame my stupid email system for not getting your message) but I think we took care of that on our phone conversation! :)

I should have some pics here shortly, I was able to hang back stage
for Lacuna and Opeth so managed to get some off the wall shots (If my damn camera worked right). I'll send some links to the pics within a week or so. :)

If the pic of me and Christina came out I will post that cause it's funny as hell...I was sporting a nice shiner on my right eye thanks to a cleat in the face playing soccer that Sunday. I told Christina I will dub it the Beauty and the Beast shot! ;)

Cheers, Antonio

Squeak said:
I forgot who from the bay area said in the other thread (which I can't find right now) that I was going nuts during Demon of the Fall, but that was damned fun! How come you didn't say hi??????? :( Cindy, are these going on the site? I will link it to some friends of mine if you like. :)

Yea that was me. I saw you by the concession stand between Lacuna Coil and Opeth and I was gonna come say hi...but right as I was walking over I thought Opeth was gonna come on so I darted to the middle of the crowd. I was in the pit for Demon and I looked right below Mikael and there was some long blond haired girl just going fuckin nuts, I was envious...you had the best seat in the house. But yea...so anyways...sorry! Ill see you at the PT/Opeth tour up in SF when they come thought im sure :)

yeah sure, ill hand it to cristina - shes fucking hot and a great vocalist...

but was it just me, or was the drummer the only one actually playing?

im mean they were doing souns checks before they let the people in and like 90% of the shit was samples.