Opeth Live \m/

The Masters Apprentice

Never Again!
Aug 27, 2004
Kyabram, ViC
I dont know how many of you have seen Opeth live, but I have and it was unreal!!!.

I went to the last concert of the last tour, at the Corner hotel, in St Kilda. It was the only underage gig they did in Melbourne out of the two times they times they came out for Deliverance and Damnation tour. But although it was during the day it was still great, I ended up catching one of the two drum sticks that Lopez through into the crowd. And it got better, I was then lucky enough to meet the band, chat to lopex with a few other people and get the drumstick signed by the hole band. I would have been happy just seeing my favourite band live, so meeting them was the best thing ever!!!!!

When I spoke to the band, Lopez said they play in Australia more than there home country, so I was wondering how many of you have seen Opeth live or meet them?

Sounds cool.

I only saw them once. Met them backstage, got some stuff signed.

me_mike.jpg

I was at that exact same show. I was in the group of guys that had the 'I hate hip-hop' sign and were shouting stuff out to the band between sets. We also got to meet the band afterwards. Lopez was a real cool guy, we talked for a while, he was telling us how he hates the cops here... but yeah all is well. Guess none of em foresaw me becoming the mod here shortly after, haha. At least there's a topic of discussion for next time they come down :p

Surreal gig for sure - great experience.

haha yeah, were you there when Lopez told the story bout the music fest they went to in USA or something. He said Metallica were there and they had 150 roddies or something, and they had like 1 or 2 people other than the band. You might remember me from the gig, i think i saw that blond hair dude, there was a heap of us, big cunts with long hair.

i had alittle chance to see opeth when there was suppose to be a gig in jordan, first time it got canceled by opeth, second time the sponser cancelled it, i had exams back then, lucky me i didn't go on the 24hours bus trip from kuwait to jordan, my friend did...
i was so surprise when he told me he still likes opeth after all, imagine a 24hours bus trip from kuwait, through saudia then to jordan, and he actually bought the first row tickets, they cancelled the show one day before the signing session, poor guy, i would've killed my self

moonlapse, which one are you?
the one wearing rayban sunglasses?? ;)

That would suck, Missin out on front row tickets after a 24hr trip!!. It was hard for me to see Opeth, when they came out to Australia just after releasin deliverance, they only did over age gigs, i was only 16 and missed out. My brother went though. My friends and i were so glad they decided to do an underage gig when they came out last time. haha my bro was spewin, cos he didnt go that time, and i meet the band.

Is it hard to see Opeth were u live??

The Masters Aprentice, where i live there is no such thing called "concerts", i never heard about any real artist coming to this shithole, everyone listens to fucked arabic music or rap... i play in a band, you can't imagine the shit we go through to organize gigs, music education or appreciation is zero
i don't have any of opeth cds, just the dvd my friend bought it for me from the uk, i feel guilty for downloading all the songs off the internet, but even virgin megastore doesn't have any opeth albums.. my friend is getting me a tshirt from canada :D

moonlapse, yeah poor guy, he's such a depressed guy, and opeth was everything to him, he dropped his hopes on opeth though, until he borrowed the dvd from me...
i wish i could see opeth live someday, that's alot to ask for, actually i wish to see any "band" live!

I was lucky enough to see them in Copenhagen, but I doubt they will come to Denmark again. They don't have that many fans here. And another thing when I went to see them I never felt more shorter in my life. And I'm 6'1

We had so many pics from that gig... a majority turned out really bad and indescernible because of a shitty disposable camera and the security not letting us use flash inside, presumably because we'd blind poor old Peter in the front. But oh well, there's always next time.

Sorry dude. I hope you get your chance to see them one day.

PS: I should probably mention that a member of these forums took that picture I posted above. His nickname on here is Madrigal (with some fancy characters in the name, I think). Props dude.

well... one day, lets hope so
since you get to mention the word Madrigal, i have that song instrumental, put i found lyrics for it somewhere, so is it instrumental or just the mp3 i downloaded?

In the MAYH booklet, there's lyrics to every song, even Prologue, Madrigal and Epilogue, even though they're instrumentals. Although the lyrics arent actualy sung during the song, they seem to be pretty well summed up by the music.