Opeth Lost Dogs

aaronjs

Nov 21, 2007
Boston
A few years back, one of my favorite bands, Pearl Jam, released a double album called "Lost Dogs: Rarities and B Sides," a compilation of songs which never made it out of the recording studio.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who could get behind an idea like this for Opeth, as I'm sure they have dozens of unreleased songs from 9 previous albums.

What do you guys think?

sure i love when they release new stuff, even if it isnt so great, its still new and fresh

id love to have a lost songs / unreleased songs

maybe, don't remember if mike had ever mentioned them. But i don't think they would have a better quality than the ones we've got in the 9 albums.. but who knows.

The thing is, the songs probably wouldn't be worse. Often songs are cut because they don't fit into the flow of an album, not because they're not good enough. This was the case with Pearl Jam, and some of my absolute favorite songs are from Lost Dogs.

It's true that some bands may actually have pretty excellent stuff that is simply pushed aside from the actual album. I doubt Opeth are ever gonna do anything like that though. I think Mikael is more interested in progressing and writing new stuff than returning to the then-rejected songs, if there are any..

If the bonus tracks on Morningrise or Orchid are any indication of what these unreleased tracks would sound like, then I wouldn't be too much into it. But if they're properly mastered, then bring them on.

I doubt it, though.