Cult ov Opeth - Choose your hits

Resonator

Apr 16, 2007
I'm trying to make a compilation CD for a bunch of bands, and Opeth happens to be one of them. Choose any number of songs that can fit on an 80 minute CD, aaaaannd......kgo!

Prolly

Wreath
The Funeral Portrait
The Night and the Silent Water

for the metal portion and

A Fair Judgment
Benighted
Harvest
Burden

for some pretty stuff. w/e

I'm trying to make a compilation CD for a bunch of bands, and Opeth happens to be one of them. Choose any number of songs that can fit on an 80 minute CD, aaaaannd......kgo!

My car radio reads only audio CDs, no MP3 and no line in, so I have to use 80 min audio CDs. My current Opeth (heavy) selection CD is:

- The Lotus Eater
- The Night and The Silent Water (off Roundhouse tapes)
- Deliverance
- Ghost of Perdition
- Heir Apparent
- The Leper Affinity
- The Grand Conjuration
- Demon of the Fall (RH tapes).

Had to edit some of the tracks to fit them in (cut all the pre and post chatter in the live songs, cut off the swelling intro and the piano outtro on Leper Affinity...) but it's nice. Though I think I'm skipping TGC too much, should have gone with Baying of the Hounds instead.

You dont fuck up the order on Opeth songs... You listen to the albums one by one, hell that goes for any music tbh.

You dont fuck up the order on Opeth songs... You listen to the albums one by one, hell that goes for any music tbh.

Unless you have time for, I don't know, one fucking song, and gee, how convenient, you only want to listen to, say, one fucking song. Go burn iPods with Steven Wilson.

I would make several 80-minute CD's, including:

Best of Growly Opeth 1 (Blackwater Park & Deliverance)

01. The Leper Affinity (edited)
02. Bleak (edited)
03. The Drapery Falls
04. Blackwater Park
05. Deliverance
06. Master's Apprentices
07. By the Pain I See in Others (edited)

Best of Growly Opeth 2 (Ghost Reveries & Watershed)

01. Ghost of Perdition
02. The Baying of the Hounds
03. Beneath the Mire
04. Harlequin Forest (edited, minus Reverie)
05. The Grand Conjuration
06. Heir Apparent
07. The Lotus Eater (edited)
08. Hessian Peel (edited)

Best of Opeth's Top 40 Hits (Damnation & Other Stuff)

01. Windowpane
02. In My Time of Need
03. Death Whispered a Lullaby
04. Closure
05. Hope Leaves
06. To Rid the Disease
07. Ending Credits
08. Weakness
09. Hours of Wealth
10. A Fair Judgment (edited)
11. Burden (edited)
12. Porcelain Heart
13. Hex Omega

Orchid
Morningrise
Still Life

This works for me, as I have a 6-disc CD player in my car.

I was going to make a "Best of Old Opeth (Orchid & Morningrise)" compilation, but there's too many good tunes on those albums to fit onto one 80-minute CD. I also really really dig their older stuff.

Also, I never really liked MAYH that much, so nothing made the cut. Nope, not even Demon. The "wall of sound" style of the album turns me off.

However, if it's in the fall or winter and I really want to be in the "Opeth mood," I'll just listen to the full album (or "observation").

^^ No, thats not what I meant. He would put Porcelain Heart on his cd but not Credence, where I would do the opposite.

Every compilation or concert done will lack of one or two best songs and will have two worst songs instead, IMO