OPETH--NYC, Town Hall, 2/23!!!

apostle, how ironic last time i saw opeth was on halloween and i took a train to philly, the original train was leaving at 1:30 so we said screw it and took the 530am bus back to ny...anyways...ive never been to this venue...so i dont know the exit layout, but if you spot opeth, when i saw them atleast they were very warm and glad to see fans and stopped to talk and what not....show should end maybe 10 or 1030...or maybe 11...but the train isnt too far from the venue so you should have time to hang out for a bit..

it was a great show but i was dissapointed , i wanted to hear more old songs the set list was

Under the Weeping Moon
The Night and the Silent Water
The Amen Corner
White Cluster
Leper Affinity
A Fair Judgement
Deliverance
windowpane
Closure
Ghost of Perdition
Baying of the Hounds
Grand Conjuration

Encore - Take a lucky guess!

they played 2 from deliverance and damnatin , not the albums i would pick 2 from each deliverance is one of the most over played songs

and the demon of the fall encore was like boring who wants to ehar that song again, overall good show but played some songs i could ehar at any other opeth show

I wouldn't say its a dissapointing setlist. I'm glad they did some more obscure numbers like White Cluster, etc. instead of the regular stuff.

Overall a fun show for sure. Opeth fans were their typical idiotic selves to be sure.

I've had some issues with the sound, mainly Mickael's solo sound over clean parts.. waayyyy too much treble, way too hot a sound, not to mention its loudness in comparison with the rest of the band. It was painful to listen to that. Not to mention the drums, which just plain old suck. Please stop triggering tha fuck out the drums, kicks especially. The kit sounded like it was made of plastic. Sometimes the sound seemed more natural, and I enjoyed best the part where their triggers went out all together during one of the songs. Bring some warm, natural, analog tone in.. I wouldn't expect anything else to fit better Opeth music than a naturally sounding kit.

thats all! Minor gripes aside, good stuff! Its always fun seeing these guys perform :)

IntoPhagist said:
it was a great show but i was dissapointed , i wanted to hear more old songs the set list was

Under the Weeping Moon
The Night and the Silent Water
The Amen Corner
White Cluster
Leper Affinity
A Fair Judgement
Deliverance
windowpane
Closure
Ghost of Perdition
Baying of the Hounds
Grand Conjuration

Encore - Take a lucky guess!

they played 2 from deliverance and damnatin , not the albums i would pick 2 from each deliverance is one of the most over played songs

and the demon of the fall encore was like boring who wants to ehar that song again, overall good show but played some songs i could ehar at any other opeth show

brialliant....i mena off ocurse they cannot please everyone...i woudl have loved that setlist.....BASTARDS COME TO TX..tehre sill is time...!!!......PEAC EOUT

Sfarog said:
I wouldn't say its a dissapointing setlist. I'm glad they did some more obscure numbers like White Cluster, etc. instead of the regular stuff.

Overall a fun show for sure. Opeth fans were their typical idiotic selves to be sure.

I've had some issues with the sound, mainly Mickael's solo sound over clean parts.. waayyyy too much treble, way too hot a sound, not to mention its loudness in comparison with the rest of the band. It was painful to listen to that. Not to mention the drums, which just plain old suck. Please stop triggering tha fuck out the drums, kicks especially. The kit sounded like it was made of plastic. Sometimes the sound seemed more natural, and I enjoyed best the part where their triggers went out all together during one of the songs. Bring some warm, natural, analog tone in.. I wouldn't expect anything else to fit better Opeth music than a naturally sounding kit.

thats all! Minor gripes aside, good stuff! Its always fun seeing these guys perform :)

He didnt use triggers....:confused:

Maybe it depends on where you were sitting. From where I was all the sound was amazing. I loved the show and it was one of the best shows I have ever been to. You guys complain about everything, learn to deal with one of the best shows ever played. The setlist fucking rocked, they played like 5 of my favorite songs. It was very close to my dream setlist. You guys just wanted some rare and obscure numbers just to come on here and brag about. At least you get to brag about hearing the airing of TNATSW. I dont care if they played 5 songs that they never played live before, just as long as they play the good ones and put on a great show. You would have never seen this setlist on any other show. So this makes it special.

uh, well, i was very impressed by axenrot's (am i spelling this correctly?) performance last night--since october, i think he's become much more comfortable with the material and he really was teriffic.

Sfarog said:
Not to mention the drums, which just plain old suck. Please stop triggering tha fuck out the drums, kicks especially. The kit sounded like it was made of plastic. Sometimes the sound seemed more natural, and I enjoyed best the part where their triggers went out all together during one of the songs. Bring some warm, natural, analog tone in.. I wouldn't expect anything else to fit better Opeth music than a naturally sounding kit.

they werent triggered...they are just tama crap...thats why they sound plastic...fuck tama