OPETH--NYC, Town Hall, 2/23!!!

Excellent show. Although there were many songs that I wish would've been played ("Black Rose Immortal", "The Moor", "Godhead's Lament", "Karma"...), I thoroughly enjoyed the setlist. For me, the highlights were "The Night and the Silent Water", "The Leper Affinity", and the extremely doomed ending to "A Fair Judgement"! For the lattermost, it felt like the band saw the Thergothon shirt I was wearing and decided to play at a funeral pace. I loved it.

I've had the pleasure to see Opeth seven times, but not once have I gotten the opportunity to hear my all-time favorite track, "The Night & the Silent Water". I envy those of you that attended this show and got to bask in the beauty that is that track.

P.S. I sincerely wish they would play more tracks from Morningrise. It's my favorite album and it seems like the only song that gets played live is "Advent", and even that is only on occasion. They played "To Bid You Farewell" during the Damnation tour, but other than those two I've never heard them play anything else from Morningrise.

Led Opeth said:
lol i do know what triggers are...i am a drummer...duh..and maybe you didnt see, there were mics on those kicks..not triggers...when you tune the batter head of the bass drums down, you get the ultra slappy sound, and when you use a wooden beater, or impact pad...it makes that slap stronger...duh there you go triggered sounding drums without triggers...i hate when people try to shut you down...but then its so fun turning it around on :kickass:

ps....this method only works if you have mics, otherwise its a very shallow sound...duh again

:lol: is all i gotta say