OPETH--NYC, Town Hall, 2/23!!!

lol oh arite i thought you said you were by the driveway, there was a short guy standing there with big headphones...so if your not short than it wasnt you (this guy was maybe 5'2)...you didnt see me walking around with my opeth jacket?

well i didnt plan on staying, ive been really sick, last night at the show i had to sit out the last 3 songs, my whole body was aching...afterwards we just went to planet hollywood but afterwards on our way back to the train i saw a bunch of people up the block infront of the venue, so i said lets go wait for a little bit...like 15 mins later peth came out, we all chilled with them outside for like 30 minutes or so...

I thought the show was pretty great. And the hot ballet dancers would do great in my bed.

I agree About all the Gripping, STFU and quit going to the shows so someone who will appreciate the effort can go. Im going to the Los Angeles Show, Ill be the one smoking all the Purple Urkle. IF ya smell it come on over and smoke it!! Hey any OPETH MEMEBERS need to get Medicated (it is legal here ya know) on the best smoke in California look me up!!

the best thing about this show was that kickass version of Closure, with the middle jazzy jam, and that hard finale with the double bass. i love when bands stray from their songs and give us something special live, and opeth just ruled on this song...

Led Opeth said:
they werent triggered...they are just tama crap...thats why they sound plastic...fuck tama

obviously you're not sure what triggers are. those kick where PURELY trigger sound.

... except for the half of the song when they went out :D

They were'nt. You can get that sort of sound with mics...almost every metal band has that sound, but they don't ALL trigger. Trust me it wasn't triggered.

lol i do know what triggers are...i am a drummer...duh..and maybe you didnt see, there were mics on those kicks..not triggers...when you tune the batter head of the bass drums down, you get the ultra slappy sound, and when you use a wooden beater, or impact pad...it makes that slap stronger...duh there you go triggered sounding drums without triggers...i hate when people try to shut you down...but then its so fun turning it around on :kickass:

ps....this method only works if you have mics, otherwise its a very shallow sound...duh again

This show was taped by the way. It should be upload to the shn newsgroup in a day or two. Rig: dpa 4061>MMA6000>Iiriver H-140 (16/44).

Taped from the loge. :cool:

edit: I have 12 tracks and for the life of me I can't figure out where the hell the 13th song is based on the setlist provided earlier...