Opeth on NEMHF dvd

Cutter said:
nope...but more importantly, your signature is probably my faviroute passage of any Opeth song [end gush].

that is my favorite spelling of the word "faviroute" ever. Where'd the "u" come from in that? oh wait...favourite....I see. hahaha

I will probably order that DVD...there's enough kick ass bands on there for me to get over the hardcore/boring stuff. (not bad...just boring)

Well I just went to Tower Records and found it, they play Drapery Falls. It's a pretty good video since theres like no lighting and you can just watch them at thier best. It's also funny watching all the other bands on the dvd with loud, annoying singers saying "Come on, Let's fuck this place up!" but Opeth comes out and they just fucking play...........god bless them.

Dem0n0fTheFall4 said:
Well I just went to Tower Records and found it, they play Drapery Falls. It's a pretty good video since theres like no lighting and you can just watch them at thier best. It's also funny watching all the other bands on the dvd with loud, annoying singers saying "Come on, Let's fuck this place up!" but Opeth comes out and they just fucking play...........god bless them.
What songs are played on the dvd by the other good bands?

On my copy of the DVD, you can hardly hear the vocals on Opeth, Nevermore, Lacuna Coil, and more. Is this a problem on anyone else's copies? Or did the production company really fuck up the sound mixes? It's so bad you can't enjoy the performances--they're basically only instrumental tracks with vague, distant vocals buried in there.

squeegee your third eye said:
On my copy of the DVD, you can hardly hear the vocals on Opeth, Nevermore, Lacuna Coil, and more. Is this a problem on anyone else's copies? Or did the production company really fuck up the sound mixes? It's so bad you can't enjoy the performances--they're basically only instrumental tracks with vague, distant vocals buried in there.
I couldnt hear the vocals at all on Lacuna Coil but every other band was fine

Yeah, the sound quality is pretty poor, especially on vox, and a little on the rhythm section sometimes.

On the whole, I'd say steer clear of the DVD, it's pretty crap on the whole.

Although, anyone who has it should fast forward the credits, and they show different band members during their interviews. Peter talks a tiny bit (about 20 seconds all up; they cut it into several bits), and the interviewer is asking Peter what is on in the background (what music). It's pretty fucking funny....at one point, he thinks it is a 'spaceship' making these weird clicking noises. lol.

Hard to explain, but if you have the DVD, just watch it.

(this tiny glimpse of Peter is not worth the price of the DVD however).

Katabasis said:
Yeah, the sound quality is pretty poor, especially on vox, and a little on the rhythm section sometimes.

On the whole, I'd say steer clear of the DVD, it's pretty crap on the whole.

Although, anyone who has it should fast forward the credits, and they show different band members during their interviews. Peter talks a tiny bit (about 20 seconds all up; they cut it into several bits), and the interviewer is asking Peter what is on in the background (what music). It's pretty fucking funny....at one point, he thinks it is a 'spaceship' making these weird clicking noises. lol.

Hard to explain, but if you have the DVD, just watch it.

(this tiny glimpse of Peter is not worth the price of the DVD however).
I think hes trying to guess what the pictures are on the bottom left of the screen. He says one "reminds me of a Celtic Frost cover."

I agree that the dvd is not really worth it, besides the Nevermore, Lacuna Coil, Shadows Fall(besides their singer, he sucks) and Opeth, the rest of the band are boring to watch because theyre all doing the same fucking thing the whole dvd. "FUCK SOMEBODY UP IN THE PIT" ghey.

Dem0n0fTheFall4 said:
I think hes trying to guess what the pictures are on the bottom left of the screen. He says one "reminds me of a Celtic Frost cover."
I'm pretty sure that they're talking about the music....when he says 'reminds me of a Celtic Frost cover', I think he's talking about a band covering Celtic Frost. Listen to the music in the background.

Katabasis said:
Dem0n0fTheFall4 said:
I'm pretty sure that they're talking about the music....when he says 'reminds me of a Celtic Frost cover', I think he's talking about a band covering Celtic Frost. Listen to the music in the background.
I know for a fact thats its the pictures dude, why would they be there anyway. Why would one of the guys say the music looks like a penis?

Dem0n0fTheFall4 said:
I know for a fact thats its the pictures dude, why would they be there anyway. Why would one of the guys say the music looks like a penis?

*shrugs*

I just fast forwarded to the Peter bits, I had neither the patience or willpower to sit through the hardcore 'musicians'

I'll have to have a closer look next time

:)