Nevermore live on the "New England Metal & Hardcore Festival 2003" DVD

MetalSteph

Sep 14, 2001
Anyone seen this dvd yet? Got any reviews? Anyone know if they included a Nevermore interview or is it just one live song?? I see there's also a dvd out from their Rock Hard show, but it won't play on U.S. dvd machines: http://www.nuclearblast.de/events/rockhard/

VARIOUS ARTISTS "New England Metal & Hardcore Festival 2003"
http://www.trustkill.com/store/music.php?id=655

The 5th annual ?New England Metal & Hardcore Festival? (NEMF) took place in Worcester, MA in May of 2003 with heavy music?s biggest and brightest. We captured it on film for those who weren?t there, and for those who were. This is the nation?s leading heavy music festival drawing crowds of 5000 people every year at The Palladium. In 2003 not only did the kids have a great time, but it drew huge media attention as well, from MTV to FUSE and other large outlets. MTV ran a special edition of ?Headbangers Ball? filmed on location at NEMF (with Rob Zombie as host), and FUSE filmed interviews and live footage and ran 30 minute segments for the duration of the summer showcasing all the bands. This festival was a huge deal as it was a combination of the best in the business, raw energy from the crowd, and a great vibe all around.
If anyone is looking for the paradigm heavy music DVD, this is their arsenal. These are the bands that are making waves today. Watch this DVD, feel the music, listen to the bands talk, hear the message, get into it...

What?s on it? --> 130+ minute feature comprising 17 bands, 26 full songs and 16 band interviews. 10 additional bands (one song each), motion menus, trailer, photos, and chapter selections totalling about 3 hours of footage.Directed by Doug Spangenberg.
Packaging designed by Caleb Olson.Released: March 23, 2004

TRACK LISTINGAtreyu
Bleeding Through
Cannae
Converge
Eighteen Visions
The Haunted
Killswitch Engage
Lacuna Coil
Lamb Of God
Meshuggah
Most Precious Blood
Nora
Nevermore
Opeth
Shadows Fall
Shai Hulud
Unearth

And,

A Life Once Lost
Blood Has Been Shed
Caliban
Darkest Hour
Foud Dead Hanging
Haste
Himsa
On Broken Wings
Scarlet
The Takeover

Wolftribe said:
and yeah, theres an NM interview... pretty funny
Cool, thanks. They seem to always get recorded with shitty sound. Like the Century Media anniversary DVD. P-U!

WD said there was a dvd with a funny interview, but I wasn't sure if it was this one or the Rock Hard one. Sometimes vodka makes it hard to understand him.o_O

I own it. The sound was absolutely terrible (I felt so bad for Lacuna Coil, but they were good sports about it). I guess the reason the sound was like that was because it was more hardcore/pure-noise oriented and so the not-so loud instruments and vocals got buried, where a band that does a lot of screaming sounds just fine. Strangely enough, Mikael Akerfeldt's clean vocals on "The Drapery Falls" weren't buried at all. :err:

Nevermore's interview was a little tale of a strange run-in with a Private Investigator at a Chicago Airport. Warrel spies her from across the bar and when their eyes meet he flicks his tongue at her. She comes over to him and Jim and she starts talking to them, revealing that she is a PI. She reaches into her shirt and they thought she was going to pull out her badge, but instead pulls out one of her breasts (giant pancake-sized areola) and she does a line of blow right there in front of them on the airport bar counter, leaving Warrel and Jim quite dumbfounded.

After that, it switches to footage of "The Sound of Silence" (with Chris Broderick) and everyone is just invading the stage and singing along with Warrel. Good times! :D

WinterSolstice said:
I own it. The sound was absolutely terrible (I felt so bad for Lacuna Coil, but they were good sports about it). I guess the reason the sound was like that was because it was more hardcore/pure-noise oriented and so the not-so loud instruments and vocals got buried, where a band that does a lot of screaming sounds just fine.

Nevermore's interview was a little tale of a strange run-in with a Private Investigator at a Chicago Airport. Warrel spies her from across the bar and when their eyes meet he flicks his tongue at her. She comes over to him and Jim and she starts talking to them, revealing that she is a PI. She reaches into her shirt and they thought she was going to pull out her badge, but instead pulls out one of her breasts (giant pancake-sized areola) and she does a line of blow right there in front of them on the airport bar counter, leaving Warrel and Jim quite dumbfounded.

After that, it switches to footage of "The Sound of Silence" (with Chris Broderick) and everyone is just invading the stage and singing along with Warrel. Good times! :D

Someone needs to post that interview online. That sounds funny as hell.

I'll try to do it tonight after midnight. It will be difficult, though because apparantly there was shitty sound quality with the interviews, too! :yell: That and they're all talking at one time. The best laugh you'll get is if you actually see the interview for yourself, though.

I can't help but sympathize with Warrel and Jim. But then again, I've had my own share of run-ins with nutcases. :err:

WinterSolstice said:
I'll try to do it tonight after midnight. It will be difficult, though because apparantly there was shitty sound quality with the interviews, too! :yell: That and they're all talking at one time. The best laugh you'll get is if you actually see the interview for yourself, though.

I can't help but sympathize with Warrel and Jim. But then again, I've had my own share of run-ins with nutcases. :err:

Sweet. Thank you very much. :worship: