Opeth painting / need inspiration

tgrude

Opethian
Feb 15, 2006
Meløy, Middle-Norway
Hey!
I recently got over the idea of getting a painting over an opeth inspired picture.
I got this friend who's got a mother thats extremely good with paintings, and I told her over the phone (havent met her yet), what my idea was.
She usually paint good things, (happy things) she's working with an angel painting or something right now, so I told her that its no rush.
Both she and her son were very optimistic about the idea, and sow it like an major challenge.

My idea, that currently is in my head is an evil person (maybe of a some kind of a devil)
I was thinking of "the hand" that is on the last page of the Ghost Reveries Special edtion booklet. I was totally blown away by the amazing atmosphere and color use in all those Travis Smith artworks.
My vision is this hand with smoke, and this blurred person with some kind of power/force that is evil, and I want the "audience" or people that is visiting me in the living room to be a bit scarred, if I can use that word. Some kind of attention.

The colors is the Ghost Reveries colors (black and gold, and the nuance between them).
I got a hint from buddy that it will cost somewhere between 200-300$, then i will get a proffesional painting.

The reason why I'm posting this, is that I need some inspiration from pictures of devils or something like that. I will draw myself a sketch of this person.
And I was wondering if you could help me out on this one. :Smokin:

/tg

this guy called Hercules Segers , medieval i think artist; he was so poor he couldn't afford having canvas. So he just used it all, like papers and clothes, even soils. He was a noone, just Rembrandt (i guess) took his paintings AD and finished some of them. He paints landscapes

Check out the works of Beksinski. Very dark and disturbing. Similar in style to Travis Smith's work.

lj_ZdzislawBeksinski035.jpg

Wow, thats an awsome picture! Will definitively check out his stuff!
Remember, I got this idea when I was quite wasted, :Smokin: , but I'm still in for it!

I went to that artists website, which has some very good drawings/painting galleries, but I was intrigued by the music which was playing on the site, which in turn led me to this website of Zbigniew Preisner, a composer, who is also Polish. Now I have to check out some more of his music :kickass: He has worked on soundtracks for many films from director Krzystof Kieslowski, of which I haven't heard of. I will have to find some films from this director as well......cheers

actually he is very talented. apparently most of you have no idea what art actually is. travis smith is completely souless and predictable, not to mention has been producing things in the 21st century of this nature digitally. the artist in question was doing this type of thing 30-40 years ago by hand, which is an entirely different ballgame, and shows his style ahead of his time similar to h.r. geiger as well. theres definitely a lot of vision there.

I went to that artists website, which has some very good drawings/painting galleries, but I was intrigued by the music which was playing on the site, which in turn led me to this website of Zbigniew Preisner, a composer, who is also Polish. Now I have to check out some more of his music :kickass: He has worked on soundtracks for many films from director Krzystof Kieslowski, of which I haven't heard of. I will have to find some films from this director as well......cheers

Check out Kieslowski's Three Colors (Blue, Red, White) and Decalog. That's about 15 hours of movies (the Decalog is 10 movies about the ten commandments), but it's definitely worth it. Preisner's best compositions are probably for Blue, which is actually about a composer. Preisner doesn't have a whole lot of compositions other than movie scores, but there is his Requiem for My Friend and it's pretty nice. Hereis a cd of a bunch of selections from his movie scores.