Blackwater Concept?

Jan 27, 2006
Sorry if this has been discussed before. I know the stories from MAYH, Still Life and Ghost Reveries, is there supposed to be some kind of story in Blackwater Park?

Ghost Reveries does have a concept. Just not the whole album. And I actully happen to think this topic is better than alot of other shitty topics like "Akerfeldt Is a Funny Guy", "Rush And Iron Maiden", and other useless shit. Atleast this is Opeth related.

Oh god not this again. Here comes the stream of fanboys claiming that Ghost Reveries is a concept album eventhough Mike and other band members have repeatedly said it isn't. But hey, what do they know, right? Afterall they only wrote the album.

People need to learn the difference between an album having a certain theme and an album being a concept album.

I thought Blackwater Park was a concept album about a park located somewhere in Sweden (probably sweden because that's whre the band is from, right?). In this park there is a BIG black pond which traps the souls of the people who drown (lepers from the nearby town are ditched to this dark, empty place... maybe hell) in it + there's a creature/entity living in the pond. One might say the pond si a living entity on it's own which feeds on innocent souls, torturing them till eternity... until a magical, righteous and brave man steps up and ends all this madness, so the sun sets forever over blackwater park.

vampyré said:
I thought Blackwater Park was a concept album about a park located somewhere in Sweden (probably sweden because that's whre the band is from, right?). In this park there is a BIG black pond which traps the souls of the people who drown (lepers from the nearby town are ditched to this dark, empty place... maybe hell) in it + there's a creature/entity living in the pond. One might say the pond si a living entity on it's own which feeds on innocent souls, torturing them till eternity... until a magical, righteous and brave man steps up and ends all this madness, so the sun sets forever over blackwater park.

Tis guys fonny

Okay sorry. My last post was written really unspecific. There are 3 tracks on the album of Ghost Reveries that are linked, making a concept. The rest of the tracks have nothing to do with the story. Ghost Reveries was intended to be a Concept until Mike ran out of ideas. There we go. You're right, it ISN'T a concept album. But it does have 3 songs that link together a story.