Opeth Album Titles

Vega Skater

Oct 22, 2007
Sydney
Hey guys, I'm sure this has probably been covered eons ago but I was thinking today about Opeth titles from Orchid and Watershed trying to decipher the inspiration behind them. Seems to me..

Orchid - Just something completely non-metal to make an impact and symbolise the gentle side of Opeth's music.
Morningrise - Not really sure about this but it seems linked to the first line of TBYF. And simply a very gorgeous title for any album.
MAYH - Definitely addressing a funeral but holding a coffin perhaps? but caught me off-guard because the album is in first person and that person is the one who died.
Still Life - Could be many intepretations. Perhaps that there is still life after death as the protagonist sees Melinda just before he dies?
Blackwater Park - Symbolising the dark side of human nature on Earth.
Deliverance/Damnation - Of course one is a song but seems to me that mixing the titles up (i.e. Damnation as the gentle album) was for shock value.
Ghost Reveries - Ties in with the loose theme of the mother's death in GoP and other Satanic references.
Watershed - Unknown at this stage, perhaps change.

Any insight?

Blackwater Park is also the name of an obscure prog band from the 70s
For Ghost Reveries, Mikael stated that he chose the title for "sounding cool".
I guess there isn't that much meaning in the album titles.

I haven't looked into any connection but Blackwater Park also comes from Wilkie Collins' 'Woman in White'

---Opeth titles from Orchid and Watershed trying to decipher the inspiration behind them.
---
Still Life - Could be many intepretations.
---
Any insight?

I was wondering about that today when I saw a cd reissue of a band called "Still Life" ! A prog rock band from England in the early seventies...

http://www.repertoirerecords.com/cgibin/playsongs.php?repcode=REP5100&cd=0

AND the cover of their cd looks at least a LITTLE like the cover of Orchid!

http://www.repertoirerecords.com/images/small/REP5100s.jpg

Could this be _another_ band-related-Opeth-album-title (like with the German band "Blackwater Park") ?