Watershed in perspective of other Opeth albums

I understand where you guys are coming from with the whole "Cheesy lyrics" thing. However, it's only the really clean clear parts that are cheesy (Basically, coil and burden). Look at the lyrics from songs like Heir Apparent, TLE, and Hessian. Epic poetic lyrics, not cheesy in the least. I just think people have a hard time picking those out because those are mostly the growly parts.

The lyrics are pretty bad on Watershed. Well.. not horrible but seriously, Mike has wrote some mind boggling stuff that creates the most vivid imagery. But yeah you're right on saying that Heir Apparent and The Lotus Eater has some great lyrics. I think Heir Apparent's lyrics are among Mike's best.

I still don't think I've listened to it enough, but at the moment, for me:

1. Still Life
2. Morningrise
3. My Arms, Your Hearse
4. Deliverance
5. Ghost Reveries
6. Orchid
7. Watershed
8. Damnation
9. Blackwater Park

I understand where you guys are coming from with the whole "Cheesy lyrics" thing. However, it's only the really clean clear parts that are cheesy (Basically, coil and burden). QUOTE]

i don't think the lyrics for burden are cheesy at all, nor is coil. i actually see a connection in each song's lyrics, "riding through the fields of sorrow," "there's an ocean of sorrow in you" kickass. if there were any lyrics that i thought were even remotely cheesy, as in i don't particularly care for them, it would be the "lock the children away from harm" part in hessian peel. not really the best song moment imo.

Emo is this:

hugeuvdd.jpg

haha. i just wanted to know. i'd heard the term before but i wasn't sure of the definition. and how does it relate to this topic? whatever that was, lol

I only rate the three albums I can place anywhere

1. Blackwater Park
2. Watershed
3. Ghost Reveries

I've heard many other albums, too, but I don't bother rating them. All I know is that Watershed's better than GR but not better than BWP.