Rate all Opeth albums 1-10

I made two ratings, a normal one and the other, in braquets, in "Opeth scale" (1 - 10):

Orchid: 8.2 (5.9)
Morningrise: 8.5 (7.0)
My Arms, Your Hearse: 9.1 (9.3)
Still Life: 9.3 (10.0)
Blackwater Park: 8.1 (5.2)
Deliverance: 7.0 (1.0)
Damnation: 8.2 (5.7)
Ghost Reveries: 8.6 (7.4)
Watershed: 8.4 (6.4)

It seems like the opeth scale is a lot more sensitive than the other one... Deliverance only 1 point behind some of the other albums in the general scale yet given a 1 in the opeth scale??

it seems that you didn't get the point. If you're rating from 1 to 10 and the only "point of reference" you got is Opeth's albums, so obviously you'll get to rate that with the lesser qualification in a "standar" sort of rate (in this case it's 7) with the minimum possible.

Rogue Eagle: it seems weird, but it's to "adjust" the scale.

it seems that you didn't get the point. If you're rating from 1 to 10 and the only "point of reference" you got is Opeth's albums, so obviously you'll get to rate that with the lesser qualification in a "standar" sort of rate (in this case it's 7) with the minimum possible.

i understood exactly what you meant, i'm not stupid, but i'm just saying that I think deliverance deserves more than a 1.

If he thinks Deliverance is Opeth's worst, then it means in an Opeth scale it gets a 1 and then it deserves no more than a 1. Then you can stretch all other points accordingly.

Gosh, stop bashing each other (like from back there =P). All albums are special, just depends on the person's taste.

Orchid - 10
Morningrise - 9
My Arms, Your Hearse - 3
Still Life- 6
Blackwater Park - 8
Deliverance - 8
Damnation - 6
Ghost Reveries - 1
Watershed - 8

orchid - 7
morningrise - 8
MAYH - 8.5
still life - 9
blackwater park - 9
deliverance - 8.5
damnation - 7.5
ghost reveries - 9
watershed - 9

lol, you're confusing yourself. it's funny.

Orchid: 8.5
Morningrise: 8
My Arms, Your Hearse: 8
Still Life: 9.5
Blackwater Park: 9
Deliverance: 8.5
Damnation: 8.5
Ghost Reveries: 8
Watershed: 9

All of them are great in their own way.

I've realized that when played live songs from Orchid and Morningrise sound much, much better. The live version of 'Night and the Silent Water' on the Roundhouse Tapes kicks so much ass and the acoustic parts are so brilliant and beautiful!

i agree! saw them on friday night and night & the silent water was great!