Rate all Opeth albums 1-10

I won't note the first two albums for I didn't listen to them that much. In fact, I got bored at the very beginning of Orchid, for they had some... technical problems by the time.

MAYH - 8
Still Life - 6
Blackwater Park - 9
Deliverance - 6
Damnation - 4
Ghost Reveries - 10
Watershed - 9

"Opeth scale" ; that means I noted them "as Opeth albums"... otherwise they'd all be around 9 or 10.

Gëist;7596152 said:
I won't note the first two albums for I didn't listen to them that much. In fact, I got bored at the very beginning of Orchid, for they had some... technical problems by the time.

MAYH - 8
Still Life - 6
Blackwater Park - 9
Deliverance - 6
Damnation - 4
Ghost Reveries - 10
Watershed - 9

"Opeth scale" ; that means I noted them "as Opeth albums"... otherwise they'd all be around 9 or 10.

How come the lowest point in the Opeth scale is 4? It should have been 1.

Man, I hate these threads.

Orchid - 5
Morningrise - 2
My Arms, Your Hearse - 9
Still Life - 8
Blackwater Park - 7
Deliverance - 3
Damnation - 1
Ghost Reveries - 4
Watershed - 6

Man, I'm a hypocrite.

Look how pretty mine is. They all got their own, special number.

What an idiot. Orchid is where most of their genius shows. After My Arms, Your hearse, all they did was make the same cd 5 times in a row, skipping Damnation.
Orchid - 10
Morningrise - 10
My Arms, Your Hearse - 9
Still Life - 8
Blackwater Park - 6
Deliverance - 3
Damnation - 7 (you just have to like this kind of stuff. I can see how most people wouldnt like it so much.
Ghost Reveries - 3 (I only like track 1 but I loooove it. I always give this cd a try but realize that im not listening to it and am focused on.. anything else in the room ...and it sounds like deliverance, bwp, stilllife. fail.)
Watershed - 7 (Mike shows his amazing clean vocals. Burden is amazing.)

What an idiot. Orchid is where most of their genius shows. After My Arms, Your hearse, all they did was make the same cd 5 times in a row, skipping Damnation.
Orchid - 10
Morningrise - 10
My Arms, Your Hearse - 9
Still Life - 8
Blackwater Park - 6
Deliverance - 3
Damnation - 7 (you just have to like this kind of stuff. I can see how most people wouldnt like it so much.
Ghost Reveries - 3 (I only like track 1 but I loooove it. I always give this cd a try but realize that im not listening to it and am focused on.. anything else in the room ...and it sounds like deliverance, bwp, stilllife. fail.)
Watershed - 7 (Mike shows his amazing clean vocals. Burden is amazing.)

Yes yes! I found a fan of the first three albums!! :headbang:

Orchid - 7.8
Morningrise - 8.0
MAYH - 9.0
Still Life - 8.5
Blackwater Park - 9.2
Deliverance - 6.5
Damnation - 7.5
Ghost Reveries - 6.5
Watershed - 7.0

Orchid - 8
Morningrise - 6
MAYH - 8
Still Life - 8.5
Blackwater Park - 9.5
Deliverance - 9.5
Damnation - 9
Ghost Reveries - 8.5
Watershed - 9

Orchid = 8
Morningrise = 8
My Arms Your Hearse = 9.5
Still Life = 9.5
Blackwater Park = 8
Deliverance = 4
Damnation = 7
Ghost Reveries = 1
Watershed = 6

i remember being the minority (hubster and I among a few others i can't seem to recall) when i said GR is pretty bad, now it seems as if a lot more people are thinking more like the minority did :immortal:

What an idiot. Orchid is where most of their genius shows.

that's a little extreme. orchid is an amateur album. of course it has it's bits of akerfeldt genius, but the album comes across, as a whole, as amateur. imo MAYH and still life are the epitomes of what opeth's goal has been since the band (or mike, rather) started. orchid didn't really know what it was, or what direction it was taking, and it seems self-conscious. it was just a collection of good riffs. it's good for what it is, but it lacks a sense of coherency and direction. on the other hand, i think MAYH and still life have what orchid lacked.

however i do agree that after still life, they basically have been making the same album over and over again with minor variations.

Orchid - 6
Morningrise - 7
My Arms Your Hearse - 9,5
Still Life - 10
Blackwater Park - 8,5
Deliverance - 9
Damnation - 9
Ghost Reveries - 10
Watershed - 9

Orchid - 10
Morningrise - 10
My Arms Your Hearse - 10
Still Life - 10
Blackwater Park - 10
Deliverance - 10
Damnation - 10
Ghost Reveries - 10
Watershed - 10

Opeth, for the wind!

i would give all the albums 10 except ghost reveries a 6 (the first 6 tracks are good, the rest no so much)
oh and damnation would become a 9 i think

rest all 10

blackwater park and orchid are the best!!