OPETH TO PLAY TOMORROW (04/04) IN SANTIAGO, CHILE!

Kamel

Trollhunter
Mar 27, 2009
I guess I speak for everybodoy when i say that we are extremely anxious to see you play in our lands, guys!

The Caupolican Theatre is amazing, and it's gonna be totally crowded and sold out by tomorrow

we expect it to be the best concert ever to be seen here.

SEE YOU THERE GUYS!!

P.S: don't forget the baying of the hounds, plz
it's my humble petition.

it was awesome!!!, Mikael was so excited when we sang The Drapery Falls / Harvest :worship: :worship:

Mike i see you in front of me when you come to your left side of the stage!!!! :OMG: i shout you " Wena Compadre!!!!" whit Both \m/(o,o)\m/ Hands and after that headbanging like crazy !!!
you understand spanish??? :lol:
that means "hello man/dude"
awesome concert powerfull sound :headbang:
i Told you about how maniac are Chilean ppl :heh: :kickass: !!!!
all the crowd was in heaven whit your show!!!!
Keep rocking!!!

1. Heir Apparent
2. Ghost Of Perdition
3. Godhead’s Lament
4. Credence
5. Hessian Peel
6. The Leper Affinity
7. Closure
8. The Night And The Silent Water
9. The Drapery Falls / Harvest
10. The Lotus Eater Encore
11. Deliverance.

Some videos of the concert
Credence

This song makes you Cry T.T

Mikael when wears a North Chilean/Peruvian Hat

"the guy who Scream says "wear a Chupalla Motherfucker That shit is Peruvian!!!!!"
(between Chile and Peru exist a lot of Hate because of wars of the past)
:lol::loco:

My friend have a fucking cool camera :O

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, ths show didn't turn out the way I expected...

It was pretty quite much more than I could even imagine!!!!!

Mike said they'd never had a show quite like that. He admitted he had freaked out when he saw the crowd screaming and, he loved every chorus we sang altogether....
even the melodies and the harmonies were sung in a soft chorus pretty in tune. It was fuck&%& magic. Just too short...we wanted more. The closure was just great.

More impressions after I fully have my senses back. I'm still stunned.

oh, I was there too :) it was cool to sing harvest :D the hat was hilarious, it was way to peruvian, wtf?! awesome gig nonetheless, and mendez spoke to the crowd :D it was nice to listen to our southern bro cheering us up :)

Two pics, taken with mah cell phone :)

90ag7t.jpg

280qmfs.jpg

The show was amazing. At the second song I already felt like I had gotten my money's worth...

Looking back at it with some measure of detachment, I think it was one of the best, if not the best concert I've ever been to. It was that rare mix of incredible crowd energy, good connection with the band, flawless performances and an almost perfect setlist (I'd have changed Credence for Windowpane or Face of Melinda ;) ).

And I think the respect between the band and the crowd was something that is often missing in metal concerts here in Chile. (I still remember Kirk Hammett wiping a gigantic loogie off his fretboard in '93, wtf?).

(And to all Axenrot naysayers: I'm happy to report that time and practice have been working their magic, and Mr. Axenrot is more familiar with the old material now. He completely OWNED every single song.)

Hey guys, hello, this is my very first post!

These are Mike's remarks on the show:

"Next up Chile and Santiago. This was a stress trip. We always leave the hotels early mornings, round 4 am, and this one was no expception. We had some sleep at our hotel and even managed to taste the superb buffet they had before we had to scoot of to the venue. This was the biggest single show of the tour with just short of 4,500 people I think. It was....fucking stupidly AMAZING! The Chilean crowd is LOUD! I had about 15 full body shivers during the show. Spectacular!

"Unfortunately, we had to split almost immediately after the show to go to Sao Paulo, Brazil."

Fellow Chilean comrades, Opeth's show in Santiago was at least the biggest of the Southamerican tour.

Kudos to us!!!!

Hey guys, hello, this is my very first post!

These are Mike's remarks on the show:

"Next up Chile and Santiago. This was a stress trip. We always leave the hotels early mornings, round 4 am, and this one was no expception. We had some sleep at our hotel and even managed to taste the superb buffet they had before we had to scoot of to the venue. This was the biggest single show of the tour with just short of 4,500 people I think. It was....fucking stupidly AMAZING! The Chilean crowd is LOUD! I had about 15 full body shivers during the show. Spectacular!

"Unfortunately, we had to split almost immediately after the show to go to Sao Paulo, Brazil."

Fellow Chilean comrades, Opeth's show in Santiago was at least the biggest of the Southamerican tour.

Kudos to us!!!!
Hail Brother :heh::kickass::lol: