Easy Opeth songs to play

Led Opeth said:
learn forest of october intro, its pretty easy....the whole song is pretty easy..i dont even play guitar and i can play the intro

loll what ? have you ever tried the solo ?
I suggest Master's Apprentices or Demon of the fall. Almost all of Opeth's songs are quite technical, so it is hard to begin by playing Opeth... (there I should not talk as the first thing I tried to play when I got my guitar was BRI... just try to imagine the result :ill: )

Treitan said:
Yeah that middle part on closure makes my anus clench, I always fuck it up. I can play it casually but when I try to record a cover then my fingers knot up....without fail.

probably because you get nervous and say to yourself "damn, i'm going to screw this up."

relaaaxxxx

I know you said nothing from Damnation, but In my time of need is easy, and Ending Credits is pretty fun to play also.... I'd have to say try to learn the Drapery Falls, because there's an instructional video for that out on the internet somewhere that you could download.

Vegetaman said:
The first Opeth songs I learned were Deliverance and A Fair Judgement.

Me too. I'd say that Deliverence is easier than AFJ, even including the solos. The second part of the interlude in AFJ takes a hell of a lot of concentration, as well as Mike's solo is harder than either of the ones in Deliverence.

Pate said:
Me too. I'd say that Deliverence is easier than AFJ, even including the solos. The second part of the interlude in AFJ takes a hell of a lot of concentration, as well as Mike's solo is harder than either of the ones in Deliverence.
I've yhad a go at Deliverance, but have struggled a bit with picking speed. I might have to come back to it. I've been trying to play it from the Powertab and can't really do it without dumbing it down a bit.

I have two guitars and one is in GR tuning, and I must say GR is the easiest album to play. With Harlequin Forrest being one of the easiest. GoP and Baying are also not too difficult although it always takes me quite some time to learn their songs.

I think (of the newer Opeth, in normal tuning) that The Drapery Falls is one of the easiest, also because of the "instruction video" to help you. There's also no finger picking, I just can't seem to learn that...