Opeth tour dates!

Opeth will be sick!!!! I cant fucking wait... finally a band hits australia at their peak... Not since Morbid Angel [92] and Cannibal with Barnes have we actually had a band hit Australia, when they werent past their better dayz...

SUPPORT THE SONIK WAR

www.blacktalonmedia.cjb.net
----------------------------------------------------
ASTRIAAL "Renascent Misanthropy" OUT JUNE 2003
PORTAL "Seepia" OUT JUNE 2003

Depends on their managment. Some are fucking gay, like Megadeth's and Devin Townsend's (from memory), requiring you to buy an album on the day if you want to get more than one thing signed. The Haunted signed all my stuff.....

That was so dodgy at the Megadeth instore, and after buying their album, Dave didn't even say two words to us. Bastard. But at least I found out that his hair is real, and not a wig as I have suspected for years ;)
Mayhem were way cooler, they signed everything we had, and we had a lot of stuff.

Blacktalon Media said:
Opeth will be sick!!!! I cant fucking wait... finally a band hits australia at their peak... Not since Morbid Angel [92] and Cannibal with Barnes have we actually had a band hit Australia, when they werent past their better dayz...

SUPPORT THE SONIK WAR

http://www.blacktalonmedia.cjb.net
ASTRIAAL "Renascent Misanthropy" OUT JUNE 2003
PORTAL "Seepia" OUT JUNE 2003

I'd have to agree with you there, we usually get bands past their peak .

The first time Brutal Truth toured they were definatley on top of their game . Morbid were so good on that 92 tour and I have to admit that I don't really like Cannibal Corpse but they were great on that tour .

thehellishone said:
That was so dodgy at the Megadeth instore, and after buying their album, Dave didn't even say two words to us. Bastard. But at least I found out that his hair is real, and not a wig as I have suspected for years ;)
Mayhem were way cooler, they signed everything we had, and we had a lot of stuff.

Haha yeah it's real. Dave was fine with me - didn't say anything, but shook my hand, smiled, posed for photos etc. I think he was having a quiet day! Al was much more talkative.

Unklekronoz said:
I'd have to agree with you there, we usually get bands past their peak .

The first time Brutal Truth toured they were definatley on top of their game . Morbid were so good on that 92 tour and I have to admit that I don't really like Cannibal Corpse but they were great on that tour .
It does seem to be a problem and I think we were fucking lucky to see Morbid Anal and Pungent early in their careers

That I can remember the following bands were at their peak when they toured (my subjective opinions of course):
Sepultura (Arise tour)
Pungent Stench (Been Caught Buttering tour)
Ministry (Psalm 69 tour)
Metallica (And Justice tour – although I would have preferred to see Cliff era)
Dystopia
Nirvana (Nevermind tour)
Strapping Young Lad (City tour)

These bands definitely weren’t at their peak:
Paradise Lost
pukeface.gif

Pitch Shifter
Mayhem
Anthrax
Kreator
Sacred Reich

These bands were legendary live but also not at their peak:
Slayer
Impaled Nazarene
Cannibal Corpse
Cathedral
Bolt Thrower
Carcass (I didn’t go though :cry:)
Deicide
Entombed
Destruction
Suicidal Tendencies
Voivod
Napalm Death

edit: just realised Pungent toured on the Dirty Rhymes… ep

Mendicant said:
Slayer
Impaled Nazarene
Cannibal Corpse
Cathedral
Bolt Thrower
Deicide
Entombed
Destruction
Suicidal Tendencies
Voivod
Napalm Death

I agree 100% with that, but I personaly would also add:
Helmet (on the Aftertaste tour)
Entombed (on the Same Difference tour)
Faith No More (Album Of The Year tour)

Mendicant said:
It does seem to be a problem and I think we were fucking lucky to see Morbid Anal and Pungent early in their careers

That I can remember the following bands were at their peak when they toured (my subjective opinions of course):
Sepultura (Arise tour)
Pungent Stench (Been Caught Buttering tour)
Ministry (Psalm 69 tour)
Metallica (And Justice tour – although I would have preferred to see Cliff era)
Dystopia
Nirvana (Nevermind tour)
Strapping Young Lad (City tour)

These bands definitely weren’t at their peak:
Paradise Lost
pukeface.gif

Pitch Shifter
Mayhem
Anthrax
Kreator
Sacred Reich

Slayer
Impaled Nazarene
Cannibal Corpse
Cathedral
Bolt Thrower
Deicide
Entombed
Destruction
Suicidal Tendencies
Voivod
Napalm Death

Fuck man I agree. Especially with the Paradise Lost assessment. They bored the fuck out of me and Cathedral blew them off stage!
I thought Anthrax was great though! Also Entombed on the Same Difference tour was better than on the two tours before that. Which is weird coz Same Difference blows.