Opeth tour in March

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Been listening to Blackwater Park over the past few days. Such a brilliant band. Can't wait to see them in March.

Anyone know when and where wht tix go on sale for Sydney? They are playing at the Enmore theatre, which should be very interesting!

I don't have Damnation either, but I will definatly buy it before the show. I hear they only play soft stuff on this tour. Anyone have any setlists?

Spruce Goose said:
Yup.

Sydney Enmore Theater - 24th March All Ages
Alright, I dont know whats going on, but im going back to sleep and when I wake up I expect everything to be back to normal alright?

I got that from the official Opeth site, so don't blame me. It would be awesome to see them at the Enmore.

Blitzy, you suck :)

How can you say that it is awesome music and great sound, yet you don't like them. You are a strange little man.

Spruce Goose said:
I got that from the official Opeth site, so don't blame me. It would be awesome to see them at the Enmore.
I just never realised Opeth was as big as Judas Priest and Megadeth :)

Draven.... You said 'Who would want to sit down at an Opeth gig'

Opeth have 2 sides to their music. The heavy as shit side, and the quieter, heavy as less heavy shit side.

I think it would be a totally different experience seeing the quiter stuff played live as opposed to watching it on a tv.

What is the Deep Purple cover that they play do you know?

One other thing. I know they play their softer stuff, but does that exclude songs like To Bid you Farewell. That song is quiet all the way untill the the end. There is no death vocals, but there is a heavy guitar part. Does that mean thy won't play it?

Or some of the stuff on Blackwater Park that is pretty much all clean except for a minute or so that has heavy parts

I just read this setlist from their first show of the current US tour last week

master's apprentice
the drapery falls
windowpane
in my time of need
the moor
april ethereal
deliverance
blackwater park
*encore*
demon of the fall

I would lOVE that setlist in OZ. That is for the Lamentations tour. Do you reckon there will be any chance that they play that kinda set in OZ? Demon of the Fall :headbang:

u don't have to mosh to enjoy a concert, hell no one headbanged at the Frank Gambale gig last year that i attended (so did Tinman666 but i didn't see him), and thats because it was JAZZ FUSION!

my point being? this isn't a metal gig