Opeth will win 'Battle of the Bands'. Mwahahahahahahahahahaha...hm.....

This is outrageous.
Opeth isn't even that almighty, shit i mean it's like metallica reborn! All their songs are too long, I mean BWp was sweet and I hope damnation is better than deliverance although it was pretty good too...anyway i feel that there are better bands out there, easily. This coming from a power metal freak although i am big on shit like hate eternal, cephalic carnage, arch enemy, Dtranq...you name it.

I disagree. Opeth are superb. And I personally don't like BWP and Deliverance as much as their earlier albums, but they're all great. And their song length suits me fine. ;)

you know what, i don't really like opeth but i'll be happy when they win the battle of bands contest, because at least that's going to show some self-appointed statistics grandmasters that their theories about the reliability of polls with 3 voters won't be accepted by the scientific community so soon. :)

no, really: i know opeth's gonna win, and that's cool: they've got a lot of devoted fans round here, they deserve it. :)

rahvin.

Heh, I have nothing against you guys, or Dark Tranquillity, really. If they win, then fair play to them. They're a brilliant band. :)

I still prefer Opeth though. :D

I think DT can still win. With the number of people who hate Opeth and the Opeth forum, I think Opeth is going to get a big smack from them. It amazes me how many people the Opeth board got to hate them.

Steve

Who cares if Opeth wins, don't prove anything except the fact that we all live katatonic (pun intended) lives and don't care about some stupid polls. We know what we like, we don't really need a poll to prove it, now do we?
As of right now, I will refuse to take part in any poll pitting bands against each other.

it's just a game to pass some time, i wouldn't stigmatize it one way or the other. it'll be over in a jiffy and everyone will forget it's ever happened.
it would be pointless if it aimed to decide which band is better, but it's more like "what's the ice-cream flavour you like best?"

rahvin.

This isn't a serious thread everyone, don't get heated.

They're both great bands, I know that, you know that. The poll doesn't matter, although it will be very interesting :p

And I don't understand the hatred directed at the Opeth board members. Most of them are decent people.

Originally posted by Guardian of Darkness
And I don't understand the hatred directed at the Opeth board members. Most of them are decent people.

i agree. i guess some people just confuse what they like/are interested in with what is good/right on some big scales of values.

rahvin.

hah! this reminds me of when the Official In Flames forums was still up and running. there were usually a few dt-snobs writing about how much better dt were than In Flames! :lol: :devil: :rolleyes: :p

Originally posted by Steve420
I think DT can still win. With the number of people who hate Opeth and the Opeth forum, I think Opeth is going to get a big smack from them. It amazes me how many people the Opeth board got to hate them.

Steve

I don't necessarily *hate* Opeth, it's too strong of a word, but I don't like their music... not my cup of tea. :)