Opethian Song Survivor: championship.

Demonspell

cheating the polygraph
Apr 29, 2001
dead between the walls
www.ultimatemetal.com
1. The Moor prevents an all-Morningrise final round through a brutal battle with The Night And The Silent Water, winning 30-24.
2. Odds-on favorite Black Rose Immortal has its first real competition of the tournament and faced an active campaign devoted to its elimination, but it proved it will not be denied even against the "other" epic of Morningrise, Advent, which was an extremely worthy challenger, but ultimately lost 31-23.

The Opethian Song Survivor Final Deathmatch:

In the red corner: The Moor

In the black corner: Black Rose Immortal

Let's get it on!

The Moor

I think I have bias toward the moor, it has sentimental value to me, it's the song that began my interest in good music, it will always have special place for me, even though I LOVEEE black rose immortal, it just can't top the moor for me, sorry black rose immortal fans/Still Life haters.

I'd also like to thank Demonspell for doing this whole thing, listing songs, tallying votes, and thinking of his announcer comments, good job Demon, this will be a close match.

I saw this one coming, but even with the extended period of time to think about it I am boggled.

However, I will pick Black Rose Immortal because 20 minutes of Opeth is better than 11 minutes of Opeth, when all of those minutes are equally precious.

The Moor

A person should not have to make these dicisions in life. :cry: I love these two songs, can't they both win, :lol: .

I think Black Rose Immortal has to win on principal. I think it's more of a "classic" than The Moor, more epic too. Still, I hate to vote against a song that's of the high quality of The Moor.

BRI gets my vote.

I vote The Moor.

BRI is obviously amazing and it's difficult to say which I prefer, but The Moor is simply incredible. (although I prefer Morningrise to Still Life).

Well, I happen to think, as a guitar player that the Moor is more interesting, and more challenging of a song. It requires more effort to understand and truly appreciate. But BRI, is, well, quite different. After sitting down and listening to it to compare, I have to go with BRI, and I cannot actually answer whY!!! Maybe I'll listen to this in the morning again and change my mind, so don't tally the votes yet!!!! Give me alittle more time....If i do change my mind, I'll edit THIS post, so that it doesn't confuse you, rather than adding another post telling you I changed my mind........But it seems pretty certain now, even in this drunken stupor......

Black Rose Immortal all the way...I love The Moor, but it's still not as epic as BRI, nor as emotional...heh, I'm sure E V I L will agree, (I know his aversion to Still Life, and The Moor in particular)...I'm amazed so many people are choosing it.