Opeth's new album: Insomnicide

Taotrac

Aug 30, 2006
I was doing my occasional wikipedia sweep, and I saw on Opeth's page that it was announced on Mike's/Opeth's Twitter page that the new Opeth album is going to be named Insomnicide. It sounds like a joke to me, even if Mike is the one doing the joke, cuz Insomnicide just is not a Opeth title. It sounds like his other band, and just overly death metal in general, something Opeth has never been. They've never talked about gore, or any sort of death word with -ide at the end. Anyway, Mike also talked about in an interveiw that he wanted the new album to be a sprawling epic overblown 3-part album. Alotta people thought it was a joke too, but I'm honestly hopeful that that part will come true.

Anyway, so who thinks this is a joke/bad idea? I mean, I've already said that I definatly would not mind if Opeth returned to a Deliverance sound, with a heavy brutal yet groovy sound, quite like the Deliverance album in general (I wasn't fond of Heir Appearant's 'slow death' sound though, as well as I didn't like how it didn't encorperate a single black metal influence in the production)...but this title just sounds like a Bloodbath album =/ which we already have Bloodbath for that.

I didn't even see the other thread. I looked through the whole first page to see if there was any posts on it, I'de thought if this was already talked about it'd have been on the first page...guess not. But yeah, I just checked, and on the 'Twitter page', whoever it belongs to wrote something like 'The new album will consist of lyrics about cocaine and looking hideous' or something, so I figure all this is a joke...

Do you really need to request that it be taken down? It's obviously run by some fan and it's kind of funny. And anyone that's not completely retarded should know instantly that it's not really his page.