opeth's Roadrunner Records Debut ideas

Moonlapse said:
I would love to hear industrial/symphonic elements in the music. That would definately be a win in my book.

I like industrial but :erk: it just wouldn't fit opeths style

On FFVIII he's easy, but runs away alot. There's a jumbo one on that one too, I believe - you have to kill it to get the summon, and that one is tough as balls.

Moonstruck said:
I hope for more acoustic guitars as opposed to all the clean electric parts.

I agree. While the clean electric parts are awesome in their own way and are definitly part of Opeth's sound now, there was something much more magical about the acoustic parts. I'm almost positive we'll be seeing a good deal of clean electric since Mike said there would be a song or two in the style of Damnation. I'm sure it'll be awesome, but here's to hoping we'll get a couple great folksy parts too!

Anarkissed said:
According to the almighty himself, that's what he was planning...but then again, he said a lot of things.

I was looking forward to that 2-track opus :(

yeah but dude, he said that over a year ago, plans change haha. it was just an idea in his head. but i hope he went through with it.

It would be cool the album was a concept album called the called 'Ghosts of Peridition' and each song represents a different ghost...

maybe we'll see some of this
17.gif

or this
21.gif

and one can only hope for
5.gif

but i know we'll get
4.gif

hahaha it's funny the smiley actually looks like a pear, how perfect.

rissy said:
The Baying of The Hounds doesn't sound like a song about some certain ghost.

No it doesn't, it sounds like the title of an old hammer horror film

Oh god i hope its not a concept becauser then there will be thousands of threads like ' my interpretation of opeths new lyrics' 'I figured out the concept to the new album' God they are the most boring types of threads ever. i wanna hear more on this cactus thing from final fantasy.

I think that the new album tells about Cactuar. The Baying of The Hounds is about how Cactuar has a battle against hounds. Ghost of Perdition is his other enemy. And he just wins everyone. So Isolation Year is the last song on the album and it is about how he is all alone in the world after killing everyone. That's a melancholic one.

Could very well be. Who'd have thought Mikael is a Final Fantasy fan aswell!?

A concept progressive death metal album about Final Fantasy.. there is no way that can't be h4rdk0r as fuck.

@ Profanity: Dude, you can't say that you don't find that accordion guy funny.
Damn, just looking at it makes me laugh. That bastard will never grow tired of playing that accordion. Always with a smile on his face too. And you can see by the way he taps his foot that he's playing prog.

That's some crazy shit right there.