opinions on this interface

well im using a tapco usb interface atm and it blows, the latency is terrible.
Does anyone know how much latency will improve by changing to firewire?

Try adjusting your buffer settings before you splash out the cash, that might fix your problem and save your dorra

Yeah i have tried and the lowest i have got the latency is 5ms but then it spazes out when i try to record because it cant handle playing a midi drum track because the buffer setting are too low. So you can see how frustrating it can be when i cant track with any guitar monitoring :/

If you monitor through the MixControl software you get less than 1.4 ms of latency with the saffire pro 14 according to their site.

If you monitor through the MixControl software you get less than 1.4 ms of latency with the saffire pro 14 according to their site.

hmm ill be using reaper but reapers pretty universal so it should be similair latency. Im stuck weather to but this or not, Do you guys think its a good deal i mean im just going to use it for di-ing guitar and bass and vocals (not all at once). I need help lol

Your tapco interface has low latency monitoring which you can use by adjusting the mix knob. Just set your buffer size in your DAW to a setting where everything runs smoothly and then use the mix knob on the front of your interface to adjust the level between the signal from the daw and your direct signal (guitar, bass, vocal).

If you need to monitor trough reaper because for example you use ampsims for guitar recordings be sure to freeze or bounce your drums to free up your computer resources and try it again. If it still doesn't work it might be good to upgrade to a better interface which can handle lower buffer sizes or has less latency at higher values. Still be sure to correctly understand the difference between direct monitoring/dsp mixer monitoring and monitoring though a daw.