Orchid, now only 1 to go...

JesusChristPose

Logic Dictates
Oct 20, 2001
Pittsburgh, Pa
I puchased Orchid this past Thursday, and have listened to it, in its entirity, over and over. Having purchased first, MAYH, then, BWP, then SL, and now their first... I have this to say...

1. I see how they have progressed since this Orchid.

but...

2. This is still another Opeth Masterpiece.

God Bless Opeth, they fucking rule.

1. I see how they have progressed since this Orchid.

yup, they have progressed, but Orchid is still their best :)
and BWP was a weak spot (but only in my opinion!!)
I can't await their next album...

Originally posted by Nico16

yup, they have progressed, but Orchid is still their best :)
and BWP was a weak spot (but only in my opinion!!)
I can't await their next album...

:eek: BWP a weak spot?

It's their best!!!!!!!!!!!

As you said - in my opinion :)

Originally posted by JesusChristPose
I puchased Orchid this past Thursday, and have listened to it, in its entirity, over and over. Having purchased first, MAYH, then, BWP, then SL, and now their first... I have this to say...

Wow, you've got them all except the best one!

Yep, Morningrise is an absolute masterpiece and for long I thought nothing would compare it. Then, my world was about to change when I finally decided to buy Orchid. After a few listens I found out that it's actually even better than the otherworldly Morningrise. Well, that's of course just my opinion, but I surely think, that Orchid has something precious the others don't.

I made my mum BUY me MAYH (re-release) for chritmas.....now i only have to buy the cd for Morningrise...( although i have all the songs on my computer - but thats just not the same)

I guess thats one, of many, great things about Opeth. You could speak to two fans about their favorite album and each would have a different opinion. The music is so personal to me, and I'm guessing, most fans. I guess thats one of the signs of a great band...the difficulty in singling out albums. Each one is a masterpiece in its own right. At any rate, the current opeth album getting the most spin-time in my cd-player would probably be Blackwater Park...I guess 'cause its new, its fresh...but then again, next week, it will probably be MAYH or SL...who knows.

JCP ohhh man you have to get moringrise it is one of the best ever albums in
to be made ever!!!!! if you don't get it soon you'll regret it later imho

chat at ya'll later hehe :)

i LOVE orchid. i *stupidly* ordered in morningrise and got my sister to buy it for me for christmas! now i have to wait 5 days... AND ITS IN MY HOUSE SOMEWHERE!!!!! AAAAARGH!!!!

LOL......i took money from my mum to go buy MAYH. Then my mum took it off me and put it away.

Ps Vaughan...whos eye is that on your avatar.
pps . Ive learnt just about all of BLACK ROSE IMMORTAL on guitar. A song i hope u will enjoy very much.

JCP I am soooo excited for you tiger! I love the experience of discovering the Opeth albums...mmm OPETH :)

I purchased Morningrise off of half.com, it should be here in about a week...So to all of you telling me that i have to get - I have no doubt that you are correct and I can't wait.

Jo...your mmmm...Opeth reminded me of Homer Simpson. (lol)

Now back to Orchid...

Black Rose Immortal is the single greatest track i have ever heard so i'm just here to say that when u get Morningrise clear ur mind of everything else for those 20 minutes and you will be in love!!!

Hmmm.....well i think CULTURE AK47..........pretty much just summed it up. I agree just sit back close your eyes and be moved by 20.14 mins of PROGRESSIVE POWER!