Origin review

masaccia said:
I love the exciment previous to a release, reading the reviews, listening to those advance-songs or medleys... 'till the awaited dare comes.

This is the reason why I decide to wait... "The chase is better than the catch" (Lemmy docet :kickass: ) ... and this time the catch will be divine ... 1 month and half to go

Gawen said:
This is the reason why I decide to wait... "The chase is better than the catch" (Lemmy docet :kickass: ) ... and this time the catch will be divine ... 1 month and half to go

you will :OMG: when you listen to it... it's my fav album of the year, no joke, I think this album will grab on the balls of everyone. I mean this album will reach even a wider audience, people who don't know metal, you know they will probably appreciate this masterpiece... man the re-made song is... astounding, brilliant, wonderful! actually I travel (mentally) in every music in it... white is so majestic...I imagine myself beside the Gaia Tree when I listen to The Spirit of Nature... well you will see...

I listened to it, and yet guys, how can you say it sounds like Kveldssanger (even a bit) it's light years far from that album, I mean, there you had acustic guitars, deep choirs/voices, and a cello (some percussions too) while here it sounds like a whole orchestra, violins, piano, complex structures, flutes à la Tenhi, a godly-played bass and drums, it's like comparing Burzum ambient stuff with Wagner! I'm a big fan of Kveldssanger album and consider it the first and best (together with Weiland by empyrium) acoustic folk music, but Origin is something else, belongs to that kind of albums similar to "the acoustic verses" "urminnes havd" etc. don't know if you see my point

I agree 100%. I see no comparisons to Kveldssanger at all. I think people are saying this based purely of usage of similar instruments, which is not enough to draw a comparison of similarity (its like saying that that Lully and Wagner are the same just because both use orchestras, which is a ludicrous statement).

I find the album unique and highly original. It stands on it's own merits.

As a victim of a myriad of intentions, leakers must learn to think before they uploooooooooad.

Great album. Will buy. No question.

Mortyr said:
People, I can't listen to the rest of the album with a song like White. My hand just clicks everytime on that song only.

That is a great song, but I love this album because I am always switching to different songs. Out of all the previous Borknagar albums I would say that for me, this is the most well-rounded of them all. I don't consistently choose one, two, three or even four songs over others to listen to, I switch it up (that is, when I'm not listening to the album from start to finish)!

Only a little over a month to go! I'm not going to give in like the rest of you, if this album is as good as you say then it will be worth the wait.

George said:
Only a little over a month to go! I'm not going to give in like the rest of you, if this album is as good as you say then it will be worth the wait.

I might wait a couple days after the official US release date, just in case the local record store hasn't stocked it on time. It's happened to me before.

Zephyrus said:
I might wait a couple days after the official US release date, just in case the local record store hasn't stocked it on time. It's happened to me before.

Yeah, I remember going to the Toronto HMV superstore with some gift certificates I had, all excited, several days after the simultaneous release of Ihsahn and Cronian's albums. They didn't have either!

I went back a week later and got the Ihsahn album, and I asked if they would eventually stock Cronian and apparently there was no order for it at all in their catalogue. I just ended up mail-ordering Terra.

asgeir said:
Or, "As a product of what we call inventions, you must learn to think before you downloooooooooad".

- Asgeir

Touche'

While I admit I've been sorely tempted to start searching torrent sites, I believe it'll be worth waiting to hear the album for the first time in my car, when I throw my copy of the CD in and drive...somewhere.

That I certainly look forward to.

Ekkratuj said:
I believe it'll be worth waiting to hear the album for the first time in my car, when I throw my copy of the CD in and drive...somewhere.

That I certainly look forward to.

It'll be a change of pace from blasting Quintessence out the car window like I do.

I have Origin as well, and it is a great album.
(here I should say that I will buy the album when it comes out to make me look a good guy for the bandmembers and the other boardmembers, etc. But I wont say that.... only do what I'm supposed to do when the time comes :)

The only thing that is s slight disappointment for me is the bass sound. Sorry Eric, no offense, but just not the fretless sound I imagined for the organic sound. (The notes are all right :) )

Who's "Eric"? :p

Well, it is organic, no effects, no amp, just the bass, D.I., MonsterCables, EMU 1820m soundcard (the one with ProTools converters) and a tad bit of compression. I used nylon strings for the bigger part of the album, and regular flats for the rest.