Orphaned Land and Coolness!

If you like the cheesy happiness, you should check out the American band, Cellador. I did a review for their album here. I wasn't too crazy for it, but that's because I'm not really into the Helloween-ish type of bands. If you like that stuff though, you'll probably love the album.

hmm
there is also Samael, a band named Necrophagist and another probably lame band from Turkey
the tickets are 44 ytl (about 30 dollars I guess) if you buy now. it'll increase in time. but it's not very expensive, yet. especially when you count Samael and Necrophagist in, too. (I haven't listened to Necrophagist but its guitarist is Turkish and lives in Germany and the band has a fan base among the death-grind people in here as I have read from some websites) And well, Samael is, or was, quite popular.

Seats (balcony) and front-stage tickets are 66 ytl (roughly 40 dollars I suppose)

Necrophagist kicks ass! Mohammed is of Turkish descent? That's really cool.
Necrophagist should appeal to you if you're into tech-death metal. Shredding guitar work, brutality, melody, everything you could want in death metal. They are not as good as Death, but who is after all. They're not quite as over the top as Atheist though.

Necrophagist honors Chuck

I'm not into pure death metal very much. And I usually don't care about the technique (unless it sucks very bad :) ) What I mainly look for is a good melody. But since you said they have it maybe I should give them (or him?) a chance before the concert

UnConscious said:
I'm not into pure death metal very much. And I usually don't care about the technique (unless it sucks very bad :) ) What I mainly look for is a good melody. But since you said they have it maybe I should give them (or him?) a chance before the concert
Mohammed is the band's main man, but it's "them". Like Iced Earth and Jon Shaffer, or Kreator and Mille Petrozza.
Check out samples on iTunes, if you get that where you are. I think Necrophagist has music on it. They might even have a Myspace.
But to describe their sound. Technical death metal with brutal vocals. The music is melodic though and the solos are more in the neo-classical style.
By the way, check out that link I put up. It's for Youtube so there's no downloading required.

UnConscious said:
hmm
there is also Samael, a band named Necrophagist and another probably lame band from Turkey
the tickets are 44 ytl (about 30 dollars I guess) if you buy now. it'll increase in time. but it's not very expensive, yet. especially when you count Samael and Necrophagist in, too. (I haven't listened to Necrophagist but its guitarist is Turkish and lives in Germany and the band has a fan base among the death-grind people in here as I have read from some websites) And well, Samael is, or was, quite popular.

Seats (balcony) and front-stage tickets are 66 ytl (roughly 40 dollars I suppose)

the prices sound pretty reasonable to me considering the bands all bands will be playing full sets...but expenssive is relative term considering the country in which the concert is held...and you have to take into account that bringing artists from other countries is more expenssive than having a local artist perform so ticket prices depend on that too

paradoxile said:
the prices sound pretty reasonable to me considering the bands all bands will be playing full sets...but expenssive is relative term considering the country in which the concert is held...and you have to take into account that bringing artists from other countries is more expenssive than having a local artist perform so ticket prices depend on that too
yeah I think they're not expensive either, they're quite OK. Even if it was only Orphaned Land it wouldn't be "very" expensive, that was what I tried to say. We were gonna have a WASP concert and its ticket prices were around 40 ytl if I'm not mistaken, and it was a one-band show. More "legandary" bands like Whitesnake and Guns N' Roses were crazy (70 ytl for Whitesnake and 100 ytl for gnr)
so 44 for a show with 3 big bands is very good (though it will increase like i said before)

Hmm you're right. But like I said before, I'm just a student and I don't have any money rigth now. Also I play world of warcraft, a new patch is coming called burning crusade(gonna cost about 100 ytl),including the monthly payment of wow(30 ytl) etc.
But yeah, screw world of warcraft for a month. (btw I didn't know that samael will be there.. necrophagist too.. eeeexcellent..)

I don't really know the difference between all of those different online games, but I know on one of them, people were selling the game money. Like if the game had like gold or whatever currency, people would send them checks or money orders in exchange for the character to give their own character some of the game money.

But if it's Orphaned Land, Necrophagist and Samael (although I'm not so crazy for them), it's a pretty good price. Just skip on some other things, like the beers or the Tshirts.

Chastise said:
Hmm you're right. But like I said before, I'm just a student and I don't have any money rigth now. Also I play world of warcraft, a new patch is coming called burning crusade(gonna cost about 100 ytl),including the monthly payment of wow(30 ytl) etc.
But yeah, screw world of warcraft for a month. (btw I didn't know that samael will be there.. necrophagist too.. eeeexcellent..)

I can feel your pain...I am also a poor student...but as I'm not much into computer games and world of warcraft is just a money sucker...I would love to get me that bass I always wanted...and I just have enough money for it
but I won't:( because if I do I won't be able to live properly(coffee, lunch, xerox,taxes,bills etc) for a long long time.

PinkThrone said:
Both. And it's more doomy black metal than death metal, but:erk:

yeah I know...when I speak about growly metal in general I always call it death metal.

If you like industrial you must have heard about "The Project Hate"