ORPHANED LAND CONFIRMED FOR PPVI

Dark One said:
"Damn February and it's gay 28 Day rule" LOL!

If only it had 27 days we could've heard the other announcement tonight! Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! GRRRRRRR

Yeah, goddamn leap years. :loco:

Orphaned Land doing the acoustic set at a private pre-party, followed by a full set the following night.... *speechless*

...by the way, is there any indication as to why Evergrey won't be playing this year? Even Glenn said he's stoked about one choice, so I figure that's Evergrey.

I just got their new promo in the mail - the double live album. Disc two has "Nosferatu". :kickass:

JayKeeley said:
...by the way, is there any indication as to why Evergrey won't be playing this year? Even Glenn said he's stoked about one choice, so I figure that's Evergrey.

I just got their new promo in the mail - the double live album. Disc two has "Nosferatu". :kickass:

Trust me, Evergrey is not the choice Glenn is stoked about. He still may utilize Evergrey's services in the other spot, but before one of the bands fell through, Glenn specifically stated that both would be North American exclusives.

Now, even though Glenn likes to tease, I don't think even he would be so cruel as to hype the final bands in such a manner only to have one of them be Evergrey for like the 3rd or 4th time at the fest.

Would he be stoked about Evergrey playing? Absolutely, but I guarandamntee that the band to be announced tomorrow is not Evergrey unless something falls through at the last minute.

Dark One said:
Glenn specifically stated that both would be North American exclusives.

What does "North American exclusive" actually mean btw? Specifically a non-American band, or a band that will only be playing ProgPower this year. I'm just wondering if this is going to be another 'Savatage' thingy...

JayKeeley said:
What does "North American exclusive" actually mean btw? Specifically a non-American band, or a band that will only be playing ProgPower this year. I'm just wondering if this is going to be another 'Savatage' thingy...

Good question. I'm fairly certain it means that the only North American show the band will be playing this year will be Progpower. I'm less certain (but am also inclined to believe) that it also means the band will be making it's North American debut at Progpower.

I don't think it has anything to do with a band being American or not, but it would be ironic if it was an American band that was also a "North American Exclusive". LOL.

Dead_Lioness said:
Orphaned land RULES period.
mabool is a master piece, and they are the nicest people too!
I'm going this year!

and a little bird told me there might not be just *one* OL show at th progpower......

:):):)

Completely agree, although I already mentioned that the band is set to play a separate acoustic set at the Preparty, heh. :)

hey, she posted here because I told her about the thread....:) and Iknew she knows the band...she obviously didn't read thewhole thing but that's okay, because....*strike up the fairlight synths ****

"She's got legs......" woooooooooo

kegs.gif