Orphaned Land departs with drummer Avi Diamond

BC-A

Orphaned Child
Jun 2, 2005
LalaLand
www.breedmachine.com
Official Press Release from Orphaned Land:

"If there's a lesson to be taken from nature's seasons, it is that everything is dynamic around us, and it's nature's way to remind us that we need to freshen up and move on from time to time.

After several years filled with challenges and hard work, we've utilized our work with Avi Diamond.

During this period we've recorded the album "Mabool", toured the globe, headlined festivals and dozens of events worldwide. We've put the Israeli metal scene into the spot-lights, and created precedents in the metal world as a whole, and in the Israeli metal history in particular.

Avi Diamond is a world-class professional drummer and we had the privilege to play with one of the best drummers in the scene.

We are not disqualifying the opportunity to return and work together in the future.

We are confident that Avi will succeed in his path ahead, and wish him best of luck and all the greatness that this world has to offer. "

aww :( i liked him, he had a good style. and as friendly as any other member in the band.
so.. who'll be playing in the new album? didn't they start the recording already?

:( Oh well, that's the way life goes. Best of luck for both Avi and the band on finding a just as good replacement. :)

Sad. I too liked him. Both the times I've meet him and his drumming. But I never saw him as being that great. Just a good drummer. So I'm sure they can get a replacement!
I tought the same until I saw them in Germany and Israel in July. Avi blew me away, and the one who knows me knows that i'm not easily impressed with drummers. Great feeling, great technique, very good driving...

And in fact, i was told told that he couldn't really play his level the past year because of an injury. Now i understand.

We will miss you Avi, good luck for the future.

On the subject of the new drummer, this is perfect timing for Martin Lopez to get back into the drumming scene :) haha.

Lopez is indeed one of the world's greatest drummers.....
unfortunately I never had the chance to see him play live.....
and after he got ill I belive he will never get to play in a band again.