Orphaned Land - recording ORwarriOR, a diary from the studio

Heeee- is this the Greek brotherhood writing overhere? :)Welcome back! :kickass:
Did you ever get my parcel with the dvd???

Yes, you got me Nathalie!:) Thank you very much for the warm welcoming. I received a news mail from Kobi that reminded me of my OL long time absence and thought like a good idea to get involed again with the crazy OL crew to warm things up!!!:headbang:

Yes we received it but never had the chance to thank you enough till now. So, thank you very much, you are really something!!!:kickass:

I'm glad you still have some good memories from your staying here. It was a pleasure meeting you in person and had some good OL times!:) Good to be back, feels like i never leaved this place.

Hi petya..
definite difference between the sazs is the lenght of the handles where is the notas are located.... the shorter one is called is "çögür" and has more lyric sounds the other is saz in general for Anatolia..
But in generally I have never heard the same sound from the sazs even they have been made in the same way..

meanwhile.. the progress are great.. this will be longest waiting for my life :)
I pray my god to keep OL's productivity in highest level..
GOD bless you brothers..
br

thank you for the info! the reason why i ask - is because i have one - and it looks a lot like the one in the pictures; it is currently tuned to GG, DD, AAA, and i want to tune in to GG, CC, FFF and i was wandering are this a complementary tuning - i am unable to find info online as is most of it is in Turkish; i know it is closest to "Mustezad" tuning, but beyond that i know nothing else..

thank you for the info! the reason why i ask - is because i have one - and it looks a lot like the one in the pictures; it is currently tuned to GG, DD, AAA, and i want to tune in to GG, CC, FFF and i was wandering are this a complementary tuning - i am unable to find info online as is most of it is in Turkish; i know it is closest to "Mustezad" tuning, but beyond that i know nothing else..

hello again,
I have one also (shorter one) I play sometimes when my dougther permits me :)
but no good news for you, I have no infromation about notes and musical info.. ı can play many local songs with my ear sense but in the professional way..
ı am so sorry.. sounds of this ins. is really very nice.. pls feel free if you need anything else such as albums etc...
br

Hey there my orphaned brothers & sisters!

Here is a report of what is done and will be done soon :)

Done|:

95% Drums
95% Guitars
80% Of the accoustic instruments (accoustic/Classic guitars, Saz. Buzuoki, Choombush)

Will be done soon -

- Finishing all the above mentioned remained unrecorded parts
- Violins & Piano
- Percussions
- Qannun
- Vocals: Mine, Mine and Yossi's and Shlomit
- Steven Wilson: Keyboards and Mix

Have a good weekend ;)
more updates asap.
Kobi.

Hello OL, the Brazilian fans are expecting the new album to come very soon. We are sure it is gonig to be great (again!!).
Don't forget to include São Paulo as one of the cities for the Tour.

Seeya

Some answers to Postmodernis's questions:

1. Will the album feature synagogue (or any other) choir?
The album contains synagoge songs, re-arrainged by us.

2. How many songs will feature [my beloved] voice of Shlomit?
Not final yet, but as always, shlomit will bring her special voice and colour to this creation.

3. Once in an interview (in Moscow) Kobi mentioned Arabian violins on ORwarriOR - will there be the same wonderful violinist as on "Whisper My Name When You Dream" and "The Evil Urge" outro? Will there be an orchestra like on Mabool?
We are going to use a few violins, playing in a diffrent nature than Mabool (which was classical western style) this violins will be more arabic, the whole attitude, playing & sound is different. we have some reharsals with them next week and I wish and hope to get some crazy results!

4. Album concept related question - can ORwarriOR can be considered a logical sequence to Mabool? Is warrior of light also derived from Torah stories like Mabool?
The warrior of light is each and every one of us, every listener of the album is the album's hero, you can say that there is in a way a sequence to Mabool, though ORwarriOR is far from being some kind of "Mabool vol 2", musically speaking.

finally! great news.. though its still so far away.. but I'm sure it'll be worth waiting.

Hey guys... missed me? :lol:

As you know, Orphaned Land is in the middle of the recordings of our next album, "OrwarrioR"! All the drums+base lines have been recorded, as well as 99.9999% of the guitar parts, and if you know us you'd know that many oriental ethnical instruments are usually involved, and on this album we are proud to feature members of the Nazareth orchestra - which is an "Arabian" style orchestra with all kinds of interesting arabian instruments.
Our last session, which took place yesterday (28.3.2009), included arabian style violins.
We have also recorded some classic piano lines, played by a talented guy and a close friend, Avner Gavrieli, and we are looking forward for some more sessions over the next few days.

Until then, here are some pictures from rehearsals and recordings, have a great week!

Matti

2009325_17573621693_3.JPG

2009325_17582520068_2.JPG

2009325_1758528017_1.JPG

2009328_17421012507_P3270004.JPG

2009328_1742499666_P3270010.jpg

2009328_17435522357_P3270011.jpg

2009328_17445928223_P3270036.jpg