Orphaned Land - recording ORwarriOR, a diary from the studio

The intense work on the Warrior of Light continues. today we took a brief break in between the vocals sessions to record some "Shofar", a ram's Horn.

200955_21105612614_shofar.JPG

Mm, the Judaist traditional horn!
I read that to gather people for prayer they use horn in Judaism, bells in Christianity and muedzin's voice in Islam.

Yes, and both the Shofar and Athan/Azoon were used in the OL track Shir Hashirim if you remember. I dunno though about the Bells.

Anyway the Shofar looks really interesting, would love to try it one day.

Hello People from Earh

I've been a longtime on the forum I'm back from my vacation in Egypt , it's very interesting to see the recording pictures and video , congratulations I'm very impatient to listen it

As always my dearest band and friends!

I am so happy this is working on.... by now i just desire much time to be on internet and read all about the process... but by just this moment... I congratulate all you and send all a big big hug....

:)

Hey Kobi, once you are now recording the voices, could you tell us a little bit of the combination between the melodic and the gutural styles you combine better than nobody? Is that combination present in ORwarriOR as strong as it was in Sahara? What ´bout Shlomit's inputs and arias, will her bring us again that wonderful notes from Mabool? Cheers from Brazil, dudes.

It's been quiet for awhile.

I'm guessing the band is very busy with the album and have no time to update us.

BTW I had a dream that I was in a OL concert, and they were playing songs off the new album. I can't recall the tunes that I heard but they were simply AMAZING!

I'm sure I'll hear them again, once the album is completed.

Woo-hoo, let maestro of progressive rock bring in some ethereal and intricate motives and creative mixing.

Meanwhile, progressive metal band Dream Theater gonna release their next album on June 23 ("Black Clouds and Silver Linings")!
I got it already, and the album is *wonderful*, imho the best album they recorded since 2003.

A report from the studio - Hi everyone! yesturday me & Shlomit returned for vocals recordings, Shlomit probably finished to record all her parts in ORwarriOR while I still have 3 songs to go (+ corrections to some others)

Yesturday I finally recorded the vocals to Erkin baba's song - Estarabim, it was very hard since Turkish is not an easy language but it was also lots of fun, I believe every music fan should dig this cover!

This album is exactly as it's title part - The Never Ending Way.
More updates soon, thanks for following us at this studio times and thanks for all of your great comments!

Va'yehi Or
Kobi

A report from the studio - Hi everyone! yesturday me & Shlomit returned for vocals recordings, Shlomit probably finished to record all her parts in ORwarriOR while I still have 3 songs to go (+ corrections to some others)

Yesturday I finally recorded the vocals to Erkin baba's song - Estarabim, it was very hard since Turkish is not an easy language but it was also lots of fun, I believe every music fan should dig this cover!

This album is exactly as it's title part - The Never Ending Way.
More updates soon, thanks for following us at this studio times and thanks for all of your great comments!

Va'yehi Or
Kobi

:):):) not as much as hebrew ha kobi ? ı have friend from israel and it is also hard :):)
progress sounds great.. we have no more patience..pls do it a.s.a.p. first time in my life ı want to consume something ! :)
meanwhile you have a concert schedule for this or next year ?
and in turkish we have idiom when we have good wishes to person who is on the work ,we say " ı wish god will be your helper"
best regards
vehbi

I feel lucky this year since the releases from Behemoth, Necrophagist and Aghora will delight me to the bone. But the one I am looking forward to is OL's release. Finally another kosher/helal music for an auditory orgasm as yet OL's quality is proven. :headbang:

Hi everyone!

Just thought to let you know that we finished all the recordings! today we gave all the files of the new album to Steven Wilson and he will start mixing the album next week!

More news soon!