Orphaned Land - The show...

keynant

Party on Wayn!
Feb 25, 2003
Israel
Visit site
:headbang: Guys, it was great...You broke me from all sides with your music, and the show was great. I am home now, 26 hours with only a couple of hours sleeping in a bus, dead cold, and tired-and with a huge smile on my face...keep up the good work!:headbang:

I am speachless

I just cant find a way to tell the story of the (show of the) mabool without detail is from the moment i got in my car and drove to a friend of mine that took me there, to the moment i was home again and woke up late to the first lesson today.

I'll try to sum it up tho. Where do I begine... ok. The Theatre club in Jaffa.... a rather big disco hall, well designed and roomy. Jaffa itself is a real piece of Jerusalem inside Tel Aviv.

That was the scene. After a short "hello" session i paid to my friends there, it started.

The intro to the show (which is the first track of the "calm before the storm cd - given at the acoustic show last year) startes to drip at the audiance, like soft raindrops that precede a massive storm.

And in a blink of an eye the curtain opens.

from now on I was simply amazed till the end of the show, I was mashed some 3-4 lines behind the stage and I couldnt attrack the band's attention but it was sooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The setlist was amazing........ The show lasted 2 hours and 30 moments. It was a soldout, and i'd say that as many as 150 people stayed outside... but im sure that sooner or SOONER the band will wash Tel Aviv again (or Haifa... hint hint hint)

I still can believe the amazing way they played Ocean Land, the three opening songs of El Norra Alila, the beloved's cry (along with Distorted's Miri - MARRY ME MIRI !!!! MARRY ME !!!!!!) and Shlomit (MARRY ME TOO!!! MARRY ME ME ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

and also Halo Dies, where Avital of Bezefer joined and contributed his AWESOME, SIMPLY AWEEEEEESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME GROWLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yatziv Caspi, the Drummer incharge of the ethic drums was simply incredible.. he tore the crowed apart with a short oriental drumming set... Avi Diamant - THE BAND'S OFFICIAL NEW DRUMMER was... Well lets say it's been a while since I enjoyed such a drumming act. He was the right man for this job and I hope that he'll stay there as long as the storm rages.

I have no words to describe the band's work....

It's aholiday here in israel, Purim (a jewish sort of halloween) and at the encore the band came up stage dressed in an hilarious way !! Kobi wore a large white head cover, and a pajamas - what made him an Iraqi ("with long hair" heheh). Matti was a bearded batman, Uri was a lifeguard (he just wore a swimming hat and underwears lol), yossi wore s Bilbey - hair, Eden was a butterfly, Yatziv was a bunny and.. ummm i couldnt see Avi so i have no idea what was his costume :)

ANYWAY

And here comes the freakiest part

They started to play something so bloody OLDSCHOOOOOOOOOOOOL !!

THEY PLAYED THE TRASFORMERS toon tune !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH - YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHH !!!!!!!

LOL HILARIOUS !

I still feel speachless and SO HAPPY !

I would like to thank the band for such an unforgettable experiance... Yossi for his superb solos and soul into the music, Uri for shaking the walls of the hall, Avi and Yatziv beaking the drums and get the whole thing moving, Matti..... an enormous guitar talent..... Eden for his touch on the keyboard - eversince he joined the band more and more people got to know OL. It's his touch that gather each of the artworks and make it one big picture.... And Kobi..... for his exsistance on earth. And also a few Growls and voices that penetrated hearts of endless people.

WHAAAAAATTTT??????? It would be better to kill me than let me read your posts!!!! Have mercy on our thirsty souls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

And because i'm just so awfully jealous, here i send you the Greek summer events. Do your best and come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

A) ATHENS OPEN AIR FEST! 5-6 JULY tel: +30 210 3840284
( MOTORHEAD, RUNNING WILD, ANTHRAX, KATATONIA and six more bands
to be announced )

B) ROCKWAVE FESTIVAL 2004 18-19-20 JUNE rockwave@didimusic.gr
( No bands announced yet ) tel: +30 210 8820426

Avi (I saw you, and didn't have anything to say to you, so I didn't...), I also preffer Haifa, it is closer to me, and more comfortable...

You broke me into pieces...
I almost cried out when Miri (OUR babe!) came up and started singing "The Beloveds Cry".
the show was a-m-a-z-i-n-g.
can't say other than that.
thou long, the show passed as if it was only a brief one.
respect to all of you guys.

at the end i was so drunk (due to massive alcohol consuming , lack of sleeping hours and no food what-so-ever) I started shouting "OL" like a groupie :)

hehe

btw: all was perfect except one thing: we were 1 dead lioness short.
:yell:

The show was incredible. :headbang:
I was surprised to discover it was nearly two hours long. It felt like only minutes had passed.

Other gigs coming up anytime soon? (especially around Haifa)
...can't wait for another show!

is it true that orphaned land will play in turkey on 8-9 th of may ? some people here around began to talk about it ? which turkish label will organize the event ? anyone knows ?