OT Black Album Live!

If the Black Album was a debut album, everyone would say it was the perfect Metal Album

Perfect metal album? Fuck no, not even a good metal album. If you are into arena rock I guess this would be good.

The perfect metal album is Slayers "Reign In Blood"

Perfect metal album? Fuck no, not even a good metal album. If you are into arena rock I guess this would be good.

The perfect metal album is Slayers "Reign In Blood"

The Black Album is the perfect Metal album. Slayer is Thrash Metal.

Not with "Gangland" on the tracklist! :loco:
Easily one of the top three worst songs Iron Maiden ever recorded with Bruce on vocals ... :Spin:

I'll take Gangland over Don't Tread on Me, Nothing Else Matters, My Friend Misery, Through The Never, and every other lame song on The Black album

I'll take Gangland over Don't Tread on Me, Nothing Else Matters, My Friend Misery, Through The Never, and every other lame song on The Black album

You are a drainer. Just keep draining it. You say arena rock? Well going by your definitions Metallica have always had some arena rock about them, then just hadn't got big enough at the time. Creeping death, For whom the bell tolls, Escape, Fade to Black, Sanitarium, Harvester of Sorrow, One, Shortest Straw could all have fit on the Black Album. Metallica got big on catchy choruses from the start. I suppose Blackened has proven to go down very well in the arenas too, just the same as anything from the Black Album. Sad but True, The God that Failed arena rock? Give me a break. You are so far in the minority in regards to anything Metallica that anything you say has become irrelevant or re-hashed with the same old tired argument.

Creeping death, For whom the bell tolls, Escape, Fade to Black, Sanitarium, Harvester of Sorrow, One, Shortest Straw could all have fit on the Black Album.

Not one of those songs could have fit on the Black album. What the fuck are you talking about? Keep living in your fantasy world. I am sure The Black album was the first "metal" album you ever purchased so you hold it dear to your heart. Those of us who were Metallica fans long before that piece of garbage sell out record came out know that album was what turned Metallica into a bunch of pussies. The Black album was the gateway to the Load albums which I am sure you also think are excellent metal albums

Chris_Barnes_12071_2.jpg

You are a drainer. Just keep draining it. You say arena rock? Well going by your definitions Metallica have always had some arena rock about them, then just hadn't got big enough at the time. Creeping death, For whom the bell tolls, Escape, Fade to Black, Sanitarium, Harvester of Sorrow, One, Shortest Straw could all have fit on the Black Album. Metallica got big on catchy choruses from the start. I suppose Blackened has proven to go down very well in the arenas too, just the same as anything from the Black Album. Sad but True, The God that Failed arena rock? Give me a break. You are so far in the minority in regards to anything Metallica that anything you say has become irrelevant or re-hashed with the same old tired argument.

Funny how you didnt name anything from Kill Em All.

Just sayin.

And even the untrained ear can hear the huge differences between the first 4 albums and the black album.

Just sayin again.

4 horseman has a very catchy chorus BTW. Justice was my 1st Metallica Album and still my fave. There is difference for sure but there are elements of what was to come, always has been. Just like there are elements of the past on the Black Album, Struggle Within, Through the Never, Holier than Thou. I have a very trained ear, it's the untrained ear that can't hear that.

Not one of those songs could have fit on the Black album. What the fuck are you talking about? Keep living in your fantasy world. I am sure The Black album was the first "metal" album you ever purchased so you hold it dear to your heart. Those of us who were Metallica fans long before that piece of garbage sell out record came out know that album was what turned Metallica into a bunch of pussies. The Black album was the gateway to the Load albums which I am sure you also think are excellent metal albums

Yes they could, you are so blinkered by your one sided opinions that you can't see it. I liked you better when you where IMFAN09. How lame is it that you hide under a new user name. How lame is it that you have to bring threads down. Why bother post a well worn opinion in the tread about something you hate? Seems like insanity to me, or you suffer from narcissistic personality disorder.

Creeping death, For whom the bell tolls, Escape, Fade to Black, Sanitarium, Harvester of Sorrow, One, Shortest Straw could all have fit on the Black Album.

Not a fuckin chance! How can you compare those to the Black Album? And i'm saying this based on the songs, structure, writing, signatures, etc. - i.e. objective criteria:

Creeping Death has a tempo of like 220 bpm, powered by d-beat drums and shred solos! Where on the Black Album do they have such a similar formula? Shortest Straw?! Dude that's like 270 bpm! Also d-beats. I'm curious where the hell you here any similarity between this and TBA?! Fade to Black has instrumental choruses! One is almost 10 minutes. etc. etc.

There's also a massive difference in production... bass heavy

TBA is an album of simple song structures (generally intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, mid section, (verse,) chorus,) and slow groove tempos. Where's the staccato palm muting in TBA?

some people are weird :err:

Not a fuckin chance! How can you compare those to the Black Album? And i'm saying this based on the songs, structure, writing, signatures, etc. - i.e. objective criteria:

Creeping Death has a tempo of like 220 bpm, powered by d-beat drums and shred solos! Where on the Black Album do they have such a similar formula? Shortest Straw?! Dude that's like 270 bpm! Also d-beats. I'm curious where the hell you here any similarity between this and TBA?! Fade to Black has instrumental choruses! One is almost 10 minutes. etc. etc.

There's also a massive difference in production... bass heavy

TBA is an album of simple song structures (generally intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, mid section, (verse,) chorus,) and slow groove tempos. Where's the staccato palm muting in TBA?

some people are weird :err:

The guy s a total moron plain and simple. The black album has absolutely no similarities to anything Metallica had ever done before it.

... And Justice of All was a heavy metal masterpiece, it was heavy, technical, fast, extremely complex and well executed.

The Black album was not heavy, not fast, not complex, and was a total commercial joke. How stompmosher can honestly listen to that album and think it is similar in any way shape or form to anything before it is beyond me. I know the guy is a moron but even with that being said I don't know what he is thinking

The guy s a total moron plain and simple. The black album has absolutely no similarities to anything Metallica had ever done before it.

... And Justice of All was a heavy metal masterpiece, it was heavy, technical, fast, extremely complex and well executed.

The Black album was not heavy, not fast, not complex, and was a total commercial joke. How stompmosher can honestly listen to that album and think it is similar in any way shape or form to anything before it is beyond me. I know the guy is a moron but even with that being said I don't know what he is thinking

....and you are a coward hiding under a different username.

Yes the previous albums are more complex, I never disputed that. Escape are Bellz are very simple and could easily fit on the Black album as well as other I have mentioned. People like you focus on Sandman vs Battery rather than Escape vs Struggle within.