OT Black Album Live!

I loved this quote from Vinnie Paul regarding when Pantera started to take off..

"Vinnie Paul: Our intention was just to be a heavy metal band. When METALLICA put out The Black Album, it was kind of a letdown to a lot of us fans and we felt like that was a window of opportunity for us to go ahead and step up to the front of the heavy metal plate."

Fixed it to make some sense. Still stand by my statement though.

So you change my post to "make sense" then still stick by your statement, ie: Patience would be better than Dyers Eve. :lol:

I find it very hard to believe that any Anthrax fan wouls choose GnR over Metallica but each to thier own.

I think it would be more like
The Spaghetti Incident is better then Garage inc & S&M combined..

and Chinese Democracy is better then St Anger & DM combined...

I loved this quote from Vinnie Paul regarding when Pantera started to take off..

"Vinnie Paul: Our intention was just to be a heavy metal band. When METALLICA put out The Black Album, it was kind of a letdown to a lot of us fans and we felt like that was a window of opportunity for us to go ahead and step up to the front of the heavy metal plate."

This from a Pantera member, given that they were glam band for the early years of their existence.

This from a Pantera member, given that they were glam band for the early years of their existence.

They were still a heavy metal band early on. It might not have been heavy thrash metal but it was still heavy metal. I actually enjoy the album Power Metal. It sounded a bit like Queensryche

Last edited by a moderator:
But the (80s) riffing of Anthrax and Metallica is similar to a large degree, with Metallica being more complex and textured

Why? I won't like everything "metal" just because I like Anthrax. Metallica can suck my balls with their boring songs of playing the same riff for ten minutes with shitty drumming.

For once I can't of agree with you. Though i like the pre black album Metallica shit. Especially And Justice For All which has absolutely no boring songs or boring riffs. It is very complex and heavy with very NON shitty drumming