OT Black Album Live!

I just don't like the melodic parts that sound like they're influenced by Swedish death metal that every mall-mosh-core band seems to try and incorporate these days. They rest of the song I heard was pretty good. In general, I really don't dislike the song as a whole I just don't think that Kreator needs to jump on someone else's bandwagon.

I understand your point; that was a common accusation made against Violent Revolution as well. You see, I listen to metal very selectively (classic/speed/thrash/old bands/so-called "retro" bands/etc), and am not very familiar with "melodeath", nor the "Gothenburg scene", and since I don't even listen to Death Metal, I don't know Melodic Death Metal at all, be it from Sweden or from anywhere else. I see how many bad bands (to me, that is) probably emulate the genre (I am not a fan of the kind of bands you mentioned-at all). But isn't melodic Death Metal influenced by plain ol' heavy metal? I know that Mille has been repeating in many interviews that the main influence for Phantom Antichrist is classic metal in the style of Iron Maiden, and I can clearly hear it. But since I am not that familiar with melodeath, I cannot tell when he's really also emulating such influences. The songs are so good anyway (of course, in my opinion) that all I hear is great metal/thrash songs. But as I told you, if you have something against those melodic/"classic metal" parts, you probably won't enjoy it as much as their 80's output, and it is your right, of course.

It is better than VR, which was bashed for similar reasons; Phantom Antichrist, despite all the heavy metal (or melodeath, according to who you ask) influences, is actually much more aggressive and faster than Violent Revolution. It's headbanging mania with this album, along with quite a bit of emotion for good measure. :headbang:

Nu metal is not important, it's an abortion

Nu Metal like any genre of music has is good and then a million copy cat bads.

Love em or hate em Korn were a new style of heavy music that nobody had ever heard before. Their first album is ground breaking and it spawned thousands of other bands trying to sound like them. I still really like the first Korn CD as well as their second one. But really don't like anything since.

There are other bands like Deftones which are not really 'nu metal' but still were born during that time that are an amazing band.

Bands like System of a Down, Slipknot, Static X, etc are not my thing but were and are good for what they were.

Then you had a ton of crappy bands that came out like Limp Bizkit, linkin park, disturbed, methods of mayem, papa roach, etc etc that sucked donkey balls and saturated the entire movement and make it a really lame scene.

You can say the same with just about every other sub-genre of metal music. There are always the good ones, the innovators, and then those who copy and ultimately bring that genre to an end.

This is kinda funny and sad at the same time. I told Kirkland a few weeks ago that I would put him on my ignore list. I have posted videos on here with the sole intention of keeping the thread on topic, nothing else, not in response to anything, if there is anything, I can't see his posts, just know he has that's all.......but the timing of his post after I put up something tells me it can't be good right? It's so funny that he does this when he's on my ignore list, as if I care LOL. I can't and won't read it, the fact that he's waisting his time on me is way better than any sarcastic reply I've ever come up with.

yes! 'Dyer's Eve', so underrated in their set due to Lars not being able to play it properly these days.

True to a degree. What's to say it was overplayed when written? Not actually sayin' it's the case but just sayin'. I bet if it was written without the DB in the verses, no-one would say it was missing. It would be just like all the other faster stuff they did. Dyers Eve would be hard to pull off perfectly everytime in a live setting. I do love the original and the live versions of it. 2 year tours, 2 hour shows, you have to pace yourself.

This is kinda funny and sad at the same time. I told Kirkland a few weeks ago that I would put him on my ignore list. I have posted videos on here with the sole intention of keeping the thread on topic, nothing else, not in response to anything, if there is anything, I can't see his posts, just know he has that's all.......but the timing of his post after I put up something tells me it can't be good right? It's so funny that he does this when he's on my ignore list, as if I care LOL. I can't and won't read it, the fact that he's waisting his time on me is way better than any sarcastic reply I've ever come up with.

He was just saying how much he respects your opinions and would like to share a Cherry Icee with you...2 straws, of course.:)