OT Black Album Live!

Stompmosher

Aug 13, 2011
Metallica is in Europe doing a 20th ish anniversary to the Black Album, playing it in reverse order. They copped a lot of flak as has been discussed here too often LOL. I must say, some of these songs that have never been played live before sound amazing in a live setting.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wUoabzMhoQc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wUoabzMhoQc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_V1mVH97rZs&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_V1mVH97rZs&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VmbuuZOmeFI&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VmbuuZOmeFI&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

I always liked the Black Album and like it more now. Cheers :headbang:

Edit: Why can't these youtube vids consistantly paste properly....

The Black album is the album that ruined Metallica as we knew them. I hate that album with a passion. Commercial/Arena Metal . No thanks. And Justice For All was the last great Metallica album and is the last album I ever purchased from them. I'd be pissed if I had to sit through the entire Black album. I have sat through them playing almost the entire Loads albums and wanted to kill myself.

Metallica had been dead to me since they released Enter Sandman

The Black album is the album that ruined Metallica as we knew them. I hate that album with a passion. Commercial/Arena Metal . No thanks. And Justice For All was the last great Metallica album and is the last album I ever purchased from them. I'd be pissed if I had to sit through the entire Black album. I have sat through them playing almost the entire Loads albums and wanted to kill myself.

Pretty much, Im a huge fan of the first 4 albums and then the black album ruined everthing.

OK Then. Different strokes for different folks. You guys know that I'm of the opinion that they never sold out, so we agree to disagree ;)

I liked the black album, but it was clear even then it was a beginning of a change for the worst for the band. I think its the last thing they did of any value, that is untill Lulu. That album lowered the bar so much it even makes Load look good, maybe that was the intension all along. You know kinda like the way Sarah Jessica Parker looks good when she's standing next to a horse.

i think it was a good album,i was never a big fan of metallica,i liked a few songs off most of there records,black album was what i listened to the most though,id love to hear that album live

Thanks for your input, maidenfanboy jr. :rolleyes:

The first show of this tour ever was in Prague and I of course couldn't be missed. It was pretty good Metallica show, with traditional Lars' sloppy drumming (and especially crappy in "One"), but I had a good time! Over thirty thousand people showed up. They played Don't Tread On Me for the first time ever. No new songs - the "newest" was Fuel. The biggest surprise for me was The Shortest Straw.

I just can't take you seriously anymore with the new user name, and without the over sized picture of Chris Barnes in your sig.

ohhhhh.gif

Death magnetic tour was heavy as fuck,disposable heroes,shortest straw,whatever is said about Metallica the truth is not many bands can match there live show
I imagine things would be different if they didn't have such a ginormous fanbase and funding behind them.

AJFA was my favourite Metallica album before the Black album came out. It still is in fact. But I quite liked TBA at the time, I had the shirts and the LP and liked it well enough.
No it's nowhere near as good as AJFA, RTL or MoP but I listened to it again recently on a car journey, with headphones, and man its a fuckin good album!

If the Black Album was a debut album, everyone would say it was the perfect Metal Album, but because there is something to compare it to (previous 4 albums) people say they sold out..............I'm not one of them.