OT-Chuck Schuldiner

well, if you agree with it, you definitely are.... and so is that SPD figure who wrote it. just a complete fool.

absolutely. The man was a genius, regardless of his beliefs. (and in my opinion, especially because of them). His albums are all great, from first to last.

I like the music, all of it.

No one pushes christ loving shit on me if i listen to it so im happy.

The guys beleifes are his own, i dont think its bad he was a christian. Though i must say any christian into death metal must realise that the genre is a contridiction of what they beleive in.

Kenneth R. said:
absolutely. The man was a genius, regardless of his beliefs. (and in my opinion, especially because of them). His albums are all great, from first to last.

Indeed.I agree.

:worship:RIP Chuck Schuldiner:worship:
One most of the most talented musicians who ever stepped on this world.\m/

Nuk3m said:
I like the music, all of it.

No one pushes christ loving shit on me if i listen to it so im happy.

The guys beleifes are his own, i dont think its bad he was a christian. Though i must say any christian into death metal must realise that the genre is a contridiction of what they beleive in.

I don't think that's what it was or is about. Any music can align itself with any belief structure or set of ideals. But the music is not dependent upon that belief structure. Death metal isn't necessarily anti Christian or even anti religious, just as Oi! Punk doesn't necessarily preach endostentialism or xenophobia. The line between Christianity and Death metal isn't a definite one; indeed the greatest boundary still in place is the line between Judeo Christianity and Black metal.

Believe it or not, I've never heard any of Chuck's music (let the flaming begin!!). But with such strong recommendation, I plan to check it out right away. However, despite knowing nothing about the man, I can safely state that this:

dcat said:

is the most heinous, retarded, malicious thing I have read in a long time. Whoever wrote it is, quite frankly, a self-righteous, misguided, nasty little cunt.

Sending an e-mail to the man's family, that's just sick...:erk:

This is my opinion. And I will not try to pass it as a fact.

Christianity has a place in death metal. I don't see ANY ideological tensions between the ideology of Christianity and the "ideology" of death metal (which is quite vague). However, Christianity and black metal is another story.