OT-Chuck Schuldiner

Laeth MacLaurie said:
Let's see, how about ditching his band, the day before the start of a European tour, leaving the other guys to fulfill his contractual obligations because he wanted to go back and record Human instead...

Possessed, Coroner and Cynic, among ohers...

Thank you, I am now further informed :)

Interesting how he talks about how Death Metal was about freedom, yet states quite candidly that Chuck and death metal fans should not have been given the freedom to shose to follow a Judeo Christian religion.

Talk about hypocrisy.

I've never found any instance or evidence of Chuck being christian though. Even his mom's letter to that idiot at anus admits that they dont advocate christianity. And the lyrics to "Crystal Mountain" seem to ridicule mainstream christianity. heres an excerpt:

Built from blind faith
Passed down from self-induced fantasy
Turn a page to justify
Conjuring power - it opens wide
On seventh day,
is that how it's done?
Twisting your eyes to perceive
all that you want
To assume from ignorance
Inflicting wounds with your
cross-turned dagger

well w/e, Chuck was a huge inspiration to me and thousand of metalheads. Echoing what everyone else said before me, that anus guy is an asshole. That tribute video was really interesting, btw (i saw it awhile ago).

Sound Of Perseverance is my favourite by far, and I think it leans more towards progressive metal than death metal, which is cool.

I just read some Anus articles...those guys need to get laid, quickly!

The Spirit of Death Metal Be With You, Obi Wan Mac Laurie!

-this is probably the most fun i've had on this forum in weeks. if i laugh any more, i'm going to cry. :lol:

there is no room for christians because they know everything.
when something bad happens to a non christian is gods punishment. when it happens to them its a "test" all of it is bullshit to control your mind
niether jesus nor mohammad flew to space from jerusalem. if you believe that you are crazy. when you die you will not go to pearly gates or golden streets. you will not get 1000 virgins or be reborn. live your life help people do the right thing but dont be mind f###&%$. :yell:

kngdymond said:
when something bad happens to a non christian is gods punishment. when it happens to them its a "test" all of it is bullshit to control your mind
niether jesus nor mohammad flew to space from jerusalem. if you believe that you are crazy. when you die you will not go to pearly gates or golden streets. you will not get 1000 virgins or be reborn. live your life help people do the right thing but dont be mind f###&%$. :yell:

blah blah blah :Smug:

all i know is that death kicked/kicks ass and no matter if he was a christian, muslem, jew, etc. his music still rules and thats why i respect him. fuck anyone who says, "oh he's a christian which means death sucks". DEATH owns your soul, especially The Sounds of Perseverance!

kngdymond said:
So in other words you like to sound tr00 and metal but you actually don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about?

dcat said:
http://www.anus.com/metal/about/metal/chuck_schuldiner.html

Because I do have great respect for him and early "Death!"

The author of that article contradicts theirself by saying that Chuck became a Christian during his later career, then he quotes a song saying it has a very Christian defense of individualism. That song was off of Individual Thought Patterns, which was released in 1993, Chuck died in 2001.

If the author has something against Christians in metal, why doesn't he mention Tom Araya, who is a devout Catholic?

Nuk3m said:
I like the music, all of it.

No one pushes christ loving shit on me if i listen to it so im happy.

The guys beleifes are his own, i dont think its bad he was a christian. Though i must say any christian into death metal must realise that the genre is a contridiction of what they beleive in.

Death Metal is just a musical style, it doesn't imply lyrical content. A power metal band could be playing 'Death Metal' riffs...It's just an origin and an opinion and someone who doesn't know what he's talking about trying to draw lines. Swano talks about Creation/Uncreation in one of the best death metal records i've ever heard. The guy who coined Rock and Roll named it after a Rhytmn & Blues song, which Rock and Roll is ... R&B, now R&B is a ridiculous hip hop. Music genres mean nothing than what popularity puts them in. I'm a christian, I'm in a death metal / Melodic Death band, and there is nothing wrong with that at all. I've heard Christian Black Metal from ukrane....If you heard it there's no other genre it could fall under. Its straight up black metal. Now if that anus dude said Chuck was at loss of 'Deat Metal Lyrics, You could stereotype that to be true. But every album that chuck released under mantas and death, was death metal music. No questions about it...and he changed and made the music we all love into something more and will always be remembered. i dont even think the guy used his pinky and i dont see how the heck he plays that stuff haha... anyways...RIP chuck, and anyone else fallen in metal.