OT-Chuck Schuldiner

Laeth MacLaurie said:
Let's see, how about ditching his band, the day before the start of a European tour, leaving the other guys to fulfill his contractual obligations because he wanted to go back and record Human instead...
There's always two sides to a story. According to the bio on emptywords.org...

Death planned a European tour after the release of “Spiritual Healing”. Schuldiner found himself under unbearable pressures including personal problems and problems with the music business itself. Unfortunately, Schuldiner found that he had no choice but to cancel the tour. Without the support of his band, he was left behind as the band toured Europe with a guitarist and a singer to replace Schuldiner. The band betrayed him as they ridiculed him at every show. There were incidents where the band had the audiences chant obscenities about Schuldiner in an attempt to turn his fans against him. This betrayal caused Schuldiner to disband, leaving Andrews and Butler with having to resort to their former band Massacre. Schuldiner hired a lawyer and gained the rights to the band’s name, Death. “After all, Death is still my band… I thought they were my best friends, but I was wrong. At all times musicians are replaceable, friends are not.” [Chuck Schuldiner, “Lost All Credits”]

Possessed, Coroner and Cynic, among ohers...
Cynic...he was friends with the guys. Why would he steal their ideas? No idea if he was friends with the Possessed and Coroner guys, but regardless, who gives a damn? He made good death metal music. That's all that really counts.

Control Denied owns. Ironically, DiGiorgio was involved in the sessions for 5 or 6 of the Death albums, not just the two he played on + the Control Denied album

Paradoxile said:
I didn't read the whole thread... deffinetly didn't see the "He was a leech who deserved to die" post...

Laeth MacLaurie said:
Because he didn't have any of his own? There's a reason that Human sounds like an extension of the Cynic demos and the reason isn't Chuck Schuldiner. He basically pasted his name on songs largely written by Masvidal and Reinert, and then, having developed new credibility and wider appeal, kicked them out and moved on. He was a leech who deserved to die.

That post.

- heh

Kenneth R. said:
what band is this? :D

I'll find out for you when i get home :)

Laeth MacLaurie said:
Because he didn't have any of his own? There's a reason that Human sounds like an extension of the Cynic demos and the reason isn't Chuck Schuldiner. He basically pasted his name on songs largely written by Masvidal and Reinert, and then, having developed new credibility and wider appeal, kicked them out and moved on. He was a leech who deserved to die.

:Spam:

lol...u havn't heard any of chuck's early demos...listen before you speak...Listen to Chuck S. 1 &2, listen to any death record...they all have the same traits, and Athiest, Sentenced, Cynic had those jazz influenced, tech death metal riffs...and I beleive they all started around the same time, maybe not sentenced (1991/1993) but ya...you dont know what your saying Leath :wave:

Kenny its EVROKLIDON... an "unblack" metal band...pm me if you want link to the album*

EVROKLIDON is a Kiev based, Christian "Unblack" duo comprising vocalist / guitarist / bassist Artaaroth (a.k.a. Artyom Stupak) and drummer Rain (Vadim Fed'ko). An album, 'The Flame Of Sodom', was recorded in 2004 at DSS Studios and released by the US Bombworks label

http://www.soundmass.com/

check out a bunch of that stuff...its just as good as some of the major bands in grind/black/etc... and if you didnt know they were christian you wouldnt judge them like you probably will now that you know.

ahnkou said:
http://www.soundmass.com/

check out a bunch of that stuff...its just as good as some of the major bands in grind/black/etc... and if you didnt know they were christian you wouldnt judge them like you probably will now that you know.
well actually half the reason I asked is because its cool to discover bands I didn't know about, and the other half is I sympathize with their beliefs :)